PDA

View Full Version : need to vent about work

Tiggerlovr9000
11-06-2008, 03:36 AM
I have been working as a bartender for the local bowling center for 5 years. Really like my job because it pays well and I have flexibility if I want to take off from work. Ok problem is, some one just quit which left me and one other person. My co-workers husband also helps out sometimes but his main job is in the back running the machines. My co-worker volunteered to do the schedule from now on. They hired a new girl who is supposed to take the employee who left', place. There are only 8 shifts and the other two already have full time jobs. This is my only job. Because they work past 3 which is the time we open, I have to go in on somedays for 2or3 hours to cover for them.:mad:Anyway the co-worker doing the schedule put her husband on it once a week. I am supposed to get 3 shifts but because of adding her husband to schedule and fact that I need 2 weekends off I only have 2 days for the first two weeks in November. When I brought this to my bosses attention they said they would take care of it. Two weeks went by and nothing finally last Monday they changed the schedule giving me my days. Now the co-worker and her husband are furious. They are also threatening to quit. I asked her how she would like it if I went to her day job and took a couple of her shifts. I also told her that this my job not a hobby. I have 2 kids in college and need my hours. I am sure my boss is going to be mad tomorrow because everyone is upset over the schedule. My co-worker is always sucking up to the boss. She acted like she was doing the boss a big favor by doing the schedule. Makes me mad that she thinks I am so stupid. My first inclination is to just let him have the hours because I don't want the drama but the other part wants to fight it. They are always trying to take the parties and special functions which I never fight about. I am very good at my job and can make money without special occasions. So waht does everyone think I should do?? Sorry this is so long..

mrsgaribaldi
11-06-2008, 06:43 AM
I think that she tried to get away with something and got mad when she didn't. This is your job, you need the hours. I think that your boss should speak to her and specify how many shifts you are supposed to get. Her husband filling in every now and then should not get a regular shift. Just make sure your boss likes you too, kiss up a little if you have to. I don't think you should feel bad at all. She sounds like a real winner. Let them quit, more time for you:mickey:

BigRedDad
11-06-2008, 10:53 AM
I would not let it go. I would discuss it with your boss. I know money is tight for almost everyone. Having extra work is great. However, you should not get screwed over because your co-worker is doing hte schedule to benefit herself.

TinkerbellT421
11-06-2008, 11:38 AM
I think that she tried to get away with something and got mad when she didn't. This is your job, you need the hours. I think that your boss should speak to her and specify how many shifts you are supposed to get. Her husband filling in every now and then should not get a regular shift. Just make sure your boss likes you too, kiss up a little if you have to. I don't think you should feel bad at all. She sounds like a real winner. Let them quit, more time for you:mickey:

I would not let it go. I would discuss it with your boss. I know money is tight for almost everyone. Having extra work is great. However, you should not get screwed over because your co-worker is doing hte schedule to benefit herself.

:ditto: That "woman" needs a reality check thats just not right :down: :thedolls:

Stitchahula
11-06-2008, 01:16 PM
The co-worker was definately trying take one of your shifts and thought that it was a done deal because nothing was done for 2 weeks. If she wants her hubby to work 1 shift a week he can work 1 of hers. As you said this is your only job they shouldn't be messing around with your only income.

Tiggerlovr9000
11-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the support guys.. I am also worried because the same co-worker doing the schedule also works with my husband. I am so afraid she is going to cause trouble there too. Luckily they don't work in the same department. I should also add that she has only been working with me for about 2 years.. Talked to boss this morning and he said we would have a meeting to work all this out. He also said he can't figure out why there is a problem because her husband wasn't hired for the bar..Kind of wish they would just take charge and tell everyone exactly how its going to be.