PDA

View Full Version : best book for kids?

BiloxiMom
11-05-2008, 09:56 PM
We're surprising our kids (12, 9,and 4) with a :secret: trip just after Christmas. I'd like to put a few really good planning books in their stockings. Any suggestions? I was looking at A Kid's Guide to the Magic. I'd like something different for each of them, something age appropriate.

Tink#64
11-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Imho, Birnbaum's For Kids, By Kids would be great for the 4 & 9 year olds! Great picutes & a brief description of the attractions! My DS's still enjoy this book at 11 & 12! But I also think "The Complete Guide To Disney World" by Julie & Mike Neal would be great for the 9 & 12 year old. A little more mature guide book, but beautiful pictures! The pix & descriptions in each of these books really helps give kids an idea of what to expect of the attractions. My DS's also LOVE the "Walt Disney World Trivia Books" by Louis Mongello! But I'm not sure that the trivia books would be of interest for a first time trip. We have both volumes, 1 & 2, and we love to quiz each other! The "Hidden Mickey's" books, by Steven Barret are alot of fun! Even if you just go through the books & write down a few of the hidden Mickey's to look for on various attractions or in your resort, this is a lot of fun, particularly for the 9 & 12 year old set! Good luck, I'm sure regardless which books you go with, the kids will find any of the WDW interesting!

:pixie: Pixie Dust for a magical trip for you all!

TinkerbellT421
11-06-2008, 09:07 AM
I would certainly go with the Hidden Mickeys book, there is a lot of fun they can have with that. I had a lot of fun with it :blush: lol! The first trip me and DBF were taking together I went and bought myself all sorts of books to have fun with lol! And also the like the PP said the Birnbaums Disney for Kids by Kids is a great one too for the kiddies Ive looked through that one never actually bought it though. lol. Have a great time shopping! And preparing for a great trip! Oh what a great surprise the kids will have :cloud9:

KylesMom
11-06-2008, 09:48 AM
I would agree that the Hidden Mickey's book for the 12-year old and the Birnbaum's For Kids for the 9-year old would be great. My DS LOVES those two & looks forward to a new one each Christmas.

For the two-year old, what about a book of Disney stories that you could read to him/her at night to get them familiar with Dumbo, Peter Pan, Snow White and other classics? Or perhaps a Disney coloring book?

What a wonderful surprise!

Strmchsr
11-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Kid's Guide To The Magic hands down is the best. I found it for the first time this year and it blows the other stuff away. It has a journal for each day, stickers, a place for your child to write reviews of each ride, autograph pages, etc. My DS8 absolutely loved it and now he has a very personalized souvenir. Since it's customizable I think both the 12 yr old and the 9 yr old would like it. However, I agree that the hidden mickey book, or maybe one of the imagineering guides to one of the parks, might be good for the 12 yr old.