PDA

View Full Version : "Whole Family Vacation" Pre-Trip Report

Mammabruski
11-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I told myself that when our trip countdown reached single digits I could finally do the Pre-Trip Report for what I like to call our “Whole Family Vacation”, so here it goes. . .

Cast:
Me, DH, DD (almost 2yo), DM, DF, 2 DS’s (and their DH and DBF), DN (2yo), DMIL, and 2 DSIL’s.

Yep, 13 of us.

Everyone but my DMIL and DSILs are staying at POFQ (my inlaws got a free room from “points” at the Staybridge Suites).

My DH, DD and I leave 11/15 and stay until 11/19 and the other members of our family will be there in that general time frame (some come earlier and stay longer, some are leaving sooner).

This will be my DD’s second trip to WDW, as we went last September with my DM and DF. But it will be the first trip for my DN and boy am I excited to get my little girl and her cousin together at WDW. They just loooove each other so much! And since we all live spread out over the country this makes the vacation all that more special.

Here’s our general itinerary: Saturday morning those who are already there will go the parks of their choice and our whole family will do dinner at Chef Mickey’s. Sunday morning some of us will be going to DTD and taking it easy and some will be going to various parks. Sunday evening we have an ADR at LTT for 4pm and then the MVMCP! This will be a first for many of us. Monday is EPCOT day, with many of us splitting up for dinner (we’ll be at the Biergarten with one DS, DH, DD, DMIL and the 2 DSILs). My parents are eating at Chef de France and my other sister and her family are going to Coral Reef. Tuesday is the day of two parks: AK in the morning and HS in the afternoon/evening. We have dinner at 50’s Prime Time. On our last day we’ll be at MK for the rope drop, and return to POFQ to catch our ME at about 2:30pm.

I am so, so, so excited! And it all goes down in less than 10 days!!!! Yipee! :cloud9:

RedSoxFan
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Have A Magical Trip:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm excited for you! Come back and tell all!

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Excellent Pre-trip report- i wish you a great trip-

DizNee143
11-06-2008, 08:16 AM
sounds like its going to be a great time!!!
hope your whole family has a wonderful time..cant wait to hear all about it when you guys get back!!! :mickey:

January-2007
11-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Have a wonderful time!!! :mickey:

faline
11-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Sounds like you'll all have a fabulous time!

Diznee4Me
11-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Have a great trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Have a great time:party:

Pirate Granny
11-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Can't wait to see you...
love, DM
:pirate:

Tbelle1976
11-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Sounds like a great family vacation. I'm sure you will all enjoy it, and I can't wait to hear how wonderful it all was.

vizsla
11-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

pritzlaff
11-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Wow, sounds like a great time... wait! I get to go too!!!! Only FIVE MORE DAYS!!!!! :D

Ceophus was dancing around the kitchen last night to Mickey Mouse Club House screaming "Joshy Go There!!!!" Of course with snot running down his face. But we have an appointment at 4:20 pm today to make sure there is no ear infection. :ill:

Got that script called in so hopefully there will be no :ack:

I know you great Intercot folks said that the Nemo musical in AK was too long for 2yo but what about Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast in HS?

Lizzie
11-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Looks like a great plan have a good trip.

ChipnDaleGal
11-11-2008, 08:14 AM
I always think it is so neat to hear about a big family trip like this. What wonderful memories you will make to talk about for years. I hope you have a great time. :mickey:

yjgirl32
11-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Sounds like it's going to be great trip. Hope you have great trip. Can't wait to read your reports.

goofy for pluto
11-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a wonderful time!:mickey:
Looking forward to your trip report when you return! :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
11-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun! You seem to have a good mix of together time and split time.

I know you great Intercot folks said that the Nemo musical in AK was too long for 2yo but what about Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast in HS?

We tried Nemo with our 12month old last month. We left early, but he made it through a good bit of the show. We also tried Beauty and the Beast. He lasted through that one although he did get antsy at times. I say try it and see. We always got a seat on the isle toward the back so we could easily sneak out if need be.

laward32
11-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Well, I guess you are there right now. I hope you are having a wonderful trip with your family.:mickey: