PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan- gratuity on credit card?

SpecJoe Magic
11-05-2008, 04:14 PM
We are going to be on the dining plan for the first time since the changes (appetizer and gratuity not included), and we want to put gratuity on our credit card. How does that work? We will need to know the total price of the meal for gratuity purposes even though it's irrelevant as far as the DDP is concerned. Will the total price still be listed on the receipt? If it is possible to do this, is it a simple and fast process or is it easier and faster to leave cash?

Strmchsr
11-05-2008, 04:39 PM
The total price will be on the receipt along with suggested tip amounts - 18% and 20% - so they save you the math. How nice, huh? :D

Anyway, you give the CM your DDP card to do your DDP. If you wish to charge the tip charging it to your room is the easiest way as you add that in on the bill just like with a credit card statement and they charge the DDP credits and tip all at the same time. I preferred just leaving cash, but there's lots of ways to do it.

henry.james.s
11-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I plan on just charging the tips to my room. A printout is available anytime at the hotel.
Easy & simple. :thumbsup:

Figaro0826
11-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Were on planning on charging tips to our room when we stay at the Wilderness LOdge.
Otherwise thats alot of cash to carry tipping every day for 8 days.

"I'm going to Disney World"

Boy, arent we lucky!!!!!!!!!

Yippeeeee:cloud9:

SpecJoe Magic
11-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the replies.

We've never charged anything to the room. Do we just pay what has been charged to the room on checkout day?

LoriSan
11-07-2008, 10:57 AM
When you check out, you can pay for all your charges at once, by cash, credit card, or however else you want to settle up.

Strmchsr
11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
When you check out, you can pay for all your charges at once, by cash, credit card, or however else you want to settle up.

Usually you pay all the charges at checkout. However, if you reach your limit (every resort level - value, moderate, deluxe - has a different charging limit) they will charge your card at that time.

scootch713
11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
We have had some slow waiters with checkout so for buffets and things that I know the set price, I am just taking cash and giving them my card to pay the bill midway thru the meal, so we don't have to wait.

brian2000boston
11-07-2008, 12:41 PM
works seemlessly. Just add you CC to your room key. Then charge everything including tips to your room key. Suggested tips are lsited on the bill, even when using the DDP.

They actually checked us out and charged our card the last night while we slept. They then left the receipt at the door. All we had to do is head to the main building store our bags and check into our flight. Enjoyed a couple hours downtown and took the bus to the airport. It was great.