PDA

View Full Version : Any place to buy liquor in Disney?

kelticwolv
11-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Is there any place to purchase liquor within the resort? I know you can buy drinks, but I'm talking about something for the room, after hours. My guess is outside the resort. If that's the case, anyone know the usual cost of a cab? Thanks for any info.

Mike

wdwfansince75
11-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I have seen wines and hard stuff by the bottle (limited selections) in CR, Poly, POR, GF, WL, and BC.....Suspect all resorts have some selection in gift shops. Do not recall specific brands.

gwfx1031
11-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I also recal beer, wine, and smaller bottles of liquor being sold in the resort shops near the other food and beverages. Like the previous poster said, it is not a huge selection.

RockinRollerMom
11-05-2008, 11:00 AM
I remember buying a 6 pack of bud at the store at POFQ a few years back. It was a little overpriced, like $7 or $8 dollars. But not too bad for Disney.

Lynn J Mc
11-05-2008, 11:00 AM
I remember hearing a man comment that he was buying beer in the giftshop at the CR cheaper than he could by water! The deluxe resorts have small bottles, not mini-bottles, of most popular alcohol. I know they had Crown Royal. Some wines were also available.

Ian
11-05-2008, 11:01 AM
As far as I know, all the resorts have at least some selection of beer, wine, and liquor in their lobby stores.

I suspect, although I'm not certain, that the deluxe resorts have a wider selection (especially at the high end) than the values.

disneychick62
11-05-2008, 11:25 AM
yea every resort has some kind of alchol. you can also check the refridgerated cases at the gift shop. its cheaper than at the bar...:marg:

deedeenmickey
11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
There is a liquor store right outside the maingate, across the street near the grocery store. You can go to DTD via bus and walk to the liquor store.

TinkerbellT421
11-05-2008, 12:11 PM
However, I called there a month ago asking for some prices because me and DBF were debating on just buying beer at the resort...And Disney informed me that they no longer sell 6-packs....The are by the bottle and they are $4.00 :ack: BY THE BOTTLE....I almost fell on the floor. When we were there in January we were able to buy 6-packs for 8.00...now its 4.00 for one bottle of beer. I wonder what made Disney go that route? But for the most part they have a very small amount of "hard" alcohol like everyone else just said.

disneychick62
11-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Its funny you mention that, at the Phillies game a bottle of beer is $6.75....thats an outrage....makes Disney look cheap.:blush:

TinkerbellT421
11-05-2008, 01:49 PM
At a Red Sox game its 7.50 :ack: Oh and I cant edit my original post anymore but I made a really bad typo lol....I spelt something along the lines of sieny....It was supposed to say "Disney".

Piglet822
11-05-2008, 09:31 PM
At a Red Sox game its 7.50 :ack: Oh and I cant edit my original post anymore but I made a really bad typo lol....I spelt something along the lines of sieny....It was supposed to say "Disney".

I was wondering what that meant, lol. I fixed your typo for you.
Anytime anyone needs a post edited in anyway contact a moderator of that forum and we will be more than happy to lend a hand :)

mrsgaribaldi
11-06-2008, 06:24 AM
I also recal beer, wine, and smaller bottles of liquor being sold in the resort shops near the other food and beverages. Like the previous poster said, it is not a huge selection.

I've seen stuff at PoP too in the food court:mickey:

DisneyDog
11-06-2008, 11:18 AM
They sell beer by the bottle at Phillies games? I thought they didn't trust us enough to give us bottles (that could be thrown). Or is that just at the Flyers games?

TinkerbellT421
11-06-2008, 12:04 PM
They sell beer by the bottle at Phillies games? I thought they didn't trust us enough to give us bottles (that could be thrown). Or is that just at the Flyers games?

LOL Good point, they dont sell "bottles" at Red Sox games either....its in a plastic cup. :thedolls:

Pigtunia
11-11-2008, 01:37 PM
There is a liquor store right outside the maingate, across the street near the grocery store. You can go to DTD via bus and walk to the liquor store.

Yes, the liquor store at Goodings is pretty well stocked. (It's in the Buena Vista Plaza)

If you're looking for some cold beer or basic wine, the general stores at the various WDW resort hotels will do well. (Being from Canada, our beer, wine and liquor is fairly heavily taxed, so the pricing is actually not bad...)

TheAdventurer
11-26-2008, 11:39 AM
However, I called there a month ago asking for some prices because me and DBF were debating on just buying beer at the resort...And Disney informed me that they no longer sell 6-packs....The are by the bottle and they are $4.00 :ack: BY THE BOTTLE....I almost fell on the floor. When we were there in January we were able to buy 6-packs for 8.00...now its 4.00 for one bottle of beer. I wonder what made Disney go that route? But for the most part they have a very small amount of "hard" alcohol like everyone else just said.

That same thing happened to me in September at CSR, I went to buy a six pack of Heineken, and the cast member said they now price it individually, and it would be something like $37! She also informed me I could get it from room service for cheaper!! (which was true, $29 for a six pack). But I eneded up just taking a Lynx bus to a place offsite where I knew there was a grocery/liquor store, because I was also dismayed becuase they no longer had basic groceries that they used to have, like bread/cheese/meat for making sandwiches. I had to take a couple hours out of my trip, but I saved a lot of money, got even more and better groceries, and got to have Dos Equis (fitted the theme of CSR I figured) instead of beer I wasn't really a fan of. I wish I knew about those places at maingate, will do that next time!

WedWay Peoplemover
12-16-2008, 12:59 AM
If you are only looking for beer, you can also hit the HESS stations on property. (one by Boardwalk and one by Downtown Disney are walkable)

DryCreek
01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Bring your own? That is what I do. I usually buy a fifth (O.K, 750 ml) in a plastic bottle, and then enclose it in a heavy-duty ziplock bag just in case. It has never caused a problem before, just make sure that it is in your checked baggage. Kind of hard to fit a fifth into the 1 QT bag for carry on.
If you don't plan to consume that much, you can also buy the mini airline bottles and haul those in your carry on. I bring a few mini bottles on my trips as I usually don't plan to drive. You can refill the little buggers from the fifth for the return flight too!

Lets all sing the Refrain from Willie Nelsons "It's a Bloody Mary Morning" together.

PirateLover
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM

Phillies sell plastic and lightweight aluminum bottles. Flyers and Eagles get poured into cups.

We've brought our own liquor, and I've purchased bottles of JD at POP and CBR for double what I'd pay for it here. I don't really recall Poly having more of a liquor selection to be honest.

Tink#64
01-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Wow! DH we usually buys beer from the gift shop as fly in & then use WDW transpo! Last year we drove & had our cooler & brought a lot of stuff, including adult beverages that we've never been able to do before! It was great! I can't believe they stopped selling the 6 packs! But now I have a couple of really outrageous questions! :confused: I'm sure someone here will point out that these were crazy thoughts! But - can you have beer/ wine coolers (ale products) delivered from one of the groceries that delivers? If so I'd order some other groceries, fresh foods, etc. & this would be a bonus! :party: Or can you - has any else - ever shipped it to yourself at the resort? Just wondering! Thanks, now you can laugh at me! :funny:

Tink#64
01-07-2009, 11:33 PM

Sorry forgot to ask deedeenmickey more info on the location of this store. How far of a walk would this be, and which direction from DTD? I've never noticed anything from the Disney busses! Is this place visible or do you have to know where you're going? I can see us now just hiking around WDW property, we'll have to catch cab back to the resort! :funny:

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Crow
01-08-2009, 01:56 AM
all of the gift shops in the resorts ive been in had alcohol.
dont forget Epcot WS: Tequila in Mexico, wine in Italy, Germany & France, Sake in Japan by the bottles. although it is more.
hmm so putting bottles of alcohol in your checked luggage is ok?

PirateLover
01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
hmm so putting bottles of alcohol in your checked luggage is ok?

We brought a bottle of Vodka one year. We had a tag saying our bag had been inspected, but the vodka was still there. (Don't remember is this was USAir or Southwest).

Crow
01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
hi to Philly....im right outside
Ill have to try and remember to pack some. i know the bottles there are more expensive. I guess i need to find something in plastic so it is less likely to break and be lighter

DryCreek
01-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Like I said, I have never had a problem. Just make sure that you have a plastic bottle, and to be on the safe side I always put mine in a super duty ziplock bag. If you are worried about the inspectors, buy an extra airline sized bottle, wrap a ribbon around it and put a tag on it addressed to "any overworked TSA employee needing stress relief".;)