PDA

View Full Version : Stateroom Locations - Recommendations?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Hello!

We are soooo close to booking a Disney Cruise (5 nights) for our 5th anniversary in 2010! :clappy:

We'll be on the Disney Wonder, but I have a quick question about stateroom locations, and what the experienced cruisers would recommend.

We are going to be booking 1 category 6 room for DH and me, and 1 category 11 room for Mom and DD. Of course, we want them across the hall from each other, and are looking at the aft rooms on deck 6 (since the Passporter book recommends them), but I'm worried about being on top of the theatre.

So, my two questions:

#1) is there a "better" end to deck 6? Any particular rooms that are recommended, or that we should avoid?

#2) Is it the port or starboard side that is *usually* facing Castaway Cay? We figure we might as well go for that side, unless again, there is reason not to.

Sorry for the silly questions, I just really want this cruise to be as great as it can be.

Thanks!
Heather :mickey:

ElenitaB
11-05-2008, 01:23 AM
We were in 6064 (the same stateroom on the opposite side of the ship/normally the side which faces CC would be 6564). We heard very little noise in terms of noise from below or even noise from the hallway. It was a great location and very convenient to the midship elevators. We found midship to be very convenient as it gives easy access to the kids' clubs, the theatre, the pools, etc. I also chose midship after having read that there is less movement there vs. either of the "extremes."

DizneyRox
11-05-2008, 07:03 AM
We typically go with midship as well for less movement, but I have not found Atlantic Ocean cruising to be particularly choppy. One one cruise to Martinique we had some rough seas, but in general, not so bad.

The one problem we found on Disney ships is staying near the elevators, etc also opens yourself up to the traffic associated with that, and there is a lot of traffic. My biggest beef with the Disney ships is the lack of elevators. Seems kids like to use them for joy rides, which makes using them prettty inconvenient.

For that reason, I'd suggest a mid level deck so there's never too many stairs to deal with and quiet honestly, towards the back of the ship might be a better location. We have been WAY in the back on our cruises and the hall noise was almost non existent and really turned out great.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks! This is a great help!

Donald_Quackers
11-05-2008, 07:25 PM
The starboard side of the ship is usually facing Castaway Cay, as they typically back the ship in.

I'm going on my first cruise in December and will be in room 6630. I'll be posting a trip report, along with room impressions.