PDA

View Full Version : Brodeur to miss 4 months

Mackflava99
11-04-2008, 02:33 PM
I guess the Devils might have a re-building year now. First The islanders lose their goalie and now the Devils lose their ironman/team backbone...
New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur is expected to miss up to four months after undergoing elbow surgery.

The 36-year-old Brodeur will undergo surgery Thursday to repair the distal bicep in the left elbow, the Devils said Tuesday.

Brodeur was injured Saturday against Atlanta. He made five saves before leaving the game 6:38 into the second period and was relieved by Kevin Weekes, who posted 14 stops as Brodeur picked up career win No. 544.
Makes it easier for the Rangers now....

joanna71985
11-04-2008, 03:06 PM
4 months?! Dang, it didn't sound that bad when he first left.

And although I am a Rangers fan, it's no fun winning when the best players are out. I love playing games vs Marty.

Ian
11-04-2008, 04:10 PM
WHOO HOOO!!!! :thumbsup:

Donald A
11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, that is unfortunate for the Devils. It has to be pretty deflating.

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I agree- i am a diehard Rangers fan but i always respected Broedur - he is a great competitor and a good guy.

KEvin weeks for 4 months? my goodness

joanna71985
11-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I agree- i am a diehard Rangers fan but i always respected Broedur - he is a great competitor and a good guy.

KEvin weeks for 4 months? my goodness

So fellow Rangers fan- who's your favorite player? I love Henrik, but my favorite player would have to be a tie between Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callohan (#13 is pretty good too).

JPL
11-06-2008, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't count on seeing Weekes for 4 Months unless he is playing unbelievable hockey. I'm sure Lou is looking for someone to help fill in until Brodeur is back which should be in time for the playoffs if we can get there without him.

And Ian way to let the class of the Philly fans shine through.

Ian
11-07-2008, 07:38 AM
And Ian way to let the class of the Philly fans shine through.You're right, Jeff ... I'd hate to compromise that world-renown class people from New Jersey have. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was kidding. To prove there's no hard feelings I'll even arrange to send Biron up your way for awhile. You can just substitute one Marty for another.

Mackflava99
11-07-2008, 07:49 AM
I heard the Devils were trying to get John Van BiesBruk to come out of retirement-Either him or try to get Pokey Riddick

- As for Rangers- i am also a big Lunquist fan, i was a goalie in college so i am partial to goalies.
I also like Dubinski and Girardi-

joanna71985
11-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I love Girardi too!!:D

JPL
11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
To prove there's no hard feelings I'll even arrange to send Biron up your way for awhile. You can just substitute one Marty for another.

I think I'll take my chances with Weekes ;)

DizneeRX
11-08-2008, 01:58 PM
You're right, Jeff ... I'd hate to compromise that world-renown class people from New Jersey have. :rolleyes:

Wow - way to deflect..."I was just kidding - didn't really mean it"...and besides, they deserved it anyway.

You applauded a serious injury to someone, who by all accounts, has shown nothing but class and dignity throughout his entire career. And you justify that by insulting the "class" of an entire state? Might I suggest that you (figuratively) look into a mirror?

and, of course - I'm just kidding....

Ian
11-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Wow - way to deflect..."I was just kidding - didn't really mean it"...and besides, they deserved it anyway.

You applauded a serious injury to someone, who by all accounts, has shown nothing but class and dignity throughout his entire career. And you justify that by insulting the "class" of an entire state? Might I suggest that you (figuratively) look into a mirror?

and, of course - I'm just kidding....Jeff knows I'm kidding. We've known each other personally for close to 10 years. And we've spent a good portion of that time going back and forth about the Flyers and Devils (not to mention Eagles/Giants) rivalry. ;)

That comment was directed at Jeff and was absolutely a joke. Sorry if anyone else, from Jersey or elsewhere, took it personally. It wasn't intended that way.

Mackflava99
11-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Sports fans are allowed to make these threats:)
I always hoped for Denis Potvin and Bobby Clarke to get into car accidents....

JPL
11-10-2008, 08:36 AM
And we've spent a good portion of that time going back and forth about the Flyers and Devils (not to mention Eagles/Giants) rivalry. ;)

Yes Let's chat about that Giants/Eagles Rivalry ;)

Ian
11-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Yes Let's chat about that Giants/Eagles Rivalry ;)Yeah, this is definitely one of those times where the Giants are clearly ahead of the Birds.

I think the Giants are the best team in football again this year.

JPL
11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Wow Ian I am proud of you that really had to be difficult to admit :razz:

Now can anyone spare a goaltender and perhaps a scoring winger or playmaking center.
If you can please deliver to The Prudential Center. Oh and while your at it any extra bandaids, crutches, or other medical supplies you can spare would be greatly appreciated.

Mackflava99
11-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Goatenders are a commodity this year, there are not many available....

I do agree the Giants are the best team right now, and this is coming from a Jet fan,,