PDA

View Full Version : Ropach Vaca Day 4

Ropachs
11-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Saturday 10/25 at AK & Epcot

Same old cast, Me, DH, DS6, DD2, and in-laws

Same breakfast as yesterday, from Captain Cook's an eaten in room...except TODAY I discovered this chocolate crossaint pastry piece of heaven. It would not be my last.

We were off to AK fairly early. MIL took DD and stumbled across some characters doing a little music/dance type thing, she said DD loved it and got to play with a marraca (sp?) The rest of us headed right to EE and all rode with very little wait. Once was enough for me, I must be getting old! FIL, DH, and DS rode 2 more times - once with a short-ish wait and then with their FP's. I enjoyed the theme very much and loved going up that first incline, also neat to see AK from that high. Next we did the safari which everyone enjoyed. We went in every shop I think, esp. since nephews a home are animal lovers. Got lots of cool things here, found DS an "I survived EE" t-shirt ON SALE! Also found that bear in the Magic Kingdom book I wanted to get DD, strange to find it in AK rather than MK.

Had a good lunch at Pizzafari. I was so liking getting dessert all the time!!! Then we saw ITTBAB and spent time in Dinoland. The boys explored while MIL and myself enjoyed time SITTING with sleeping DD. Then it was time to catch the bus to Epcot. When did the park-to-park busses start?? I hadn't remembered that from past trips...

The waits for Soarin' and TT were crazy and FP's were gone so we just did the land boat ride which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and checked in for our 4:45 at Garden Grill. We were taken early, proably before 4:40. The character time here was AMAZING:thumbsup:, totally made up for Crystal Palace. I think they came around 4x. I am not kidding. We got really cute pictures with everyone clowning around. Average server, but great food. Perhaps I was just hungry, but it tasted so darn good. I could have eaten just the bread and salad all night. Oh, side note, love how every restaurant brings you lemon for your iced tea without having to ask. Anyway, DS got to do a make-your-own-cupcake which was neat. We were all very full. Other side note, while DH and I don't like fish, the in-laws RAVED and RAVED about the catfish here, FYI.

We finished our day with a trip on SSE. It was about a 15 minute wait. DS was so excited to go up in the big ball. We all loved the new ending! DS was in hysterics laughing, it was great. And that map thing as you're leaving where it shoots you to where you live, well that was cool.

In-laws stayed to do a couple countries but didn't stay long as it was mobbed with F&Wers. We got to bed at a decent time. Definitely a good day!

Up next: More Epcot & the demise of our camera.

DizNee143
11-04-2008, 01:24 PM
sounds like a great day at AK and Epcot..:mickey:

cer
11-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Thrilled to hear you had a great experience at Garden Grill. We are going there for the first time in February and your review has really gotten me excited!

pdrlkr
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
11-04-2008, 08:03 PM
A dead camerca coming up? Oh no!

What a wonderful day you had on this day!

January-2007
11-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for reporting!! :mickey:

magickingdom67
11-05-2008, 11:22 AM
The Garden Grill has always been good with us and character interaction has always been very good. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

goofy for pluto
11-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Great day!
Glad that you enjoyed SE.
:mickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Excellent report- thanks for Sharing- its sad that GG is losing the characters :(

Ropachs
11-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Whoa.....I think I missed something important. When is GG losing it's characters??

faline
11-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Whoa.....I think I missed something important. When is GG losing it's characters??

Information on the changes here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=136708)

laward32
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Another great day. We always split AK with another park too. I will definately have to try Garden Grill on my next trip. Thanks for the review and thanks for sharing your trip.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
too bad Garden grill's doing away with the characters, I hear good things about them

LandFan
11-06-2008, 03:05 PM
The catfish IS amazing there! DH now loves it and I have to make it at home about once a month:D