PDA

View Full Version : Baby's First Trip- Day 6

Disney Doll
11-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Oct 19-25 at POR
Me (Michelle) 29
DH (Casey) 35
DS (Miles) turning one on our trip

This was our last park day and we decided to head over to DHS. It was stilling raining, but it was not too bad. We bought am umbrella so Miles could get out of the stroller and we rigged his sunshade and rain guard so that he was protected, but not enclosed. He tolerated that much better. The very first thing we did was get a fast pass for Midway Mania and then head to Playhouse Disney. Miles really loved Playhouse Disney and it was dry inside. After Playhouse Disney we stopped for a snack and walked around a bit while we waited for Miles to wake up from his morning nap. After he woke up we saw the Beauty and the Beast show. Miles really enjoyed the big musical numbers like "Be Our Guest", but he got antsy during slower parts of the show. He made it through with the help of some cheese crackers and next we headed to Midway Mania. We loved this ride! If it hadn't been so crowded we would have gone again and again. The games really are fun and you can't help but get into it when it's a competition. I of course lost to DH, but then again I had Miles "helping" me. After Midway Mania we just headed back to the resort. It was still raining and really we had seen everything we wanted to see. We were hoping to catch the Block Party Bash Parade since we haven't seen it yet, but we were finished at DHS by 1:00pm and we didn't want to kill 2 hours just to see the parade. Once back at the resort we started packing since we had an early departure the next morning. We spent the evening just enjoying the sights and sounds of our resort while Miles played with all his new Disney souvenirs. It was a good trip.

We enjoyed October for a change, but we both agreed that we would go back to our annual February trips. I really do think it's less crowded in February and I would rather be chilly in the mornings than hot in the afternoons. Since traveling with a baby is so exhausting we decided to skip Feb '09 and plan for Feb '10. Of course I am already reconsidering. :blush:

DizNee143
11-04-2008, 01:17 PM
sounds like another nice day at DHS...
thank you so much for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading all about it!:mickey:

KayDee
11-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I really enjoyed your trip report. My husband, son & I had a very similiar trip in Sept. We stayed at POR, it was our son's first trip and he turned 1 while we were there.

Have fun planning your next trip.

pdrlkr
11-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
11-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Miles is definely on his way to becoming a new Disney fan!

magickingdom67
11-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks for sharing your vacation, bet you will be back sooner than '10. :mickey:

January-2007
11-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the trip report! :mickey:

dtootsie42
11-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for sharing a terrific trip report... Sounds ilke Miles is a great little traveler. :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Excellent report- thanks for Sharing-

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I've heard the weather is great in February

laward32
11-14-2008, 09:36 PM
What a great trip. How did you like POR? We are thinking of staying there on our next trip. With all the new promotions coming out you might want to go again in Feb.LOL. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I am glad to find another Oklahoman that loves Disney too.:mickey: