PDA

View Full Version : Baby's First Trip- Day 5

Disney Doll
11-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Oct 19-25 at POR
Me (Michelle) 29
DH (Casey) 35
DS (Miles) turning one on our trip

We started day 5 in EPCOT. We went to the Lving Seas first and spent a good amount of time just roaming around and looking at all the aquariums. Next we decided to catch the characters in the Character Connection since the line was pretty short. If Miles hated it then at least we wouldn't have wasted much time. To our surprise Miles did great. Standing in line and watching the characters from a distance first seemed to make a difference. He gave Mickey and Minnie a kiss and gave Donald a high five. We were so thrilled and of course we took tons of pictures.

When Miles fell asleep in his stroller for his morning nap we decided to check out Innoventions which we don't normally do. I just enjoy the atmosphere at the parks so much that even strolling around people watching is fun for me. At the fire exhibit in Innoventions we watched for a minute as a CM did the safety spiel for a group of little kids. When he asked the kids what you should do if your house was on fire one little boy very enthusiastically shouted, "stop, drop, and roll." It was so funny. The CM didn't miss a beat and said, "that's what you do if you're on fire. When your house is on fire you get OUT." Maybe you just had to be there, but we laughed about that little boy for the rest of the day.

As soon as World Showcase opened we headed that way for lunch. The food for the F&W festivals smelled so good so we decided to be adventurous. We tried the grilled beef and hummus in a pita pocket from Morroco, the scallop salad from New Zealand, and the ziti, pizza, and creme puffs from Italy. Miles sampled everything we had and he seemed to really like it. The plan was to not eat a heavy lunch since we had a big dinner scheduled, but there were just too many good choices. We like to say this was our food day. On our way out we rode Imagination and played in the jumping fountains.

We took a nap back at the resort and then to dinner at Ohana. We love Ohana and this has become another must do on all trips. We were seated right next to the kids' activities which was nice because Miles seemed to like watching the bigger kids. The food was wonderful as always and we had a great time. I did miss the scalloped potatoes, but the noodles and veggies were good too.

We decided to head back to EPCOT after dinner and not long after we were there it started raining. It was a light rain so I whipped out my ponchos and my stroller guard and we pressed on. Miles had fallen asleep and he was cozy and dry under his stroller bubble. DH mentioned that it was one time that he was actually happy to have such a prepared wife. While everyone else was standing in line to buy a poncho we had ours from home and were on our way. Things got interesting after Miles woke up. By that time we were halfway around the World Showcase so we were pretty far from an exit. Miles was not happy about sitting under his plastic bubble once he was awake and the rain really started picking up. We decided to leave, but it was quite a trek back to the entrance. It was a somewhat stressful night.

DizNee143
11-04-2008, 01:14 PM
seemed like a pretty good day at Epcot..:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
There's part of me that doesn't blame Miles for not being happy inside his protected stoller! The rest of the day was quite nice!

magickingdom67
11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Sounds like a nice easy day. Our youngest doesnt like the stroller bubble either. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

January-2007
11-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the trip report. :mickey:

dtootsie42
11-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks for sharing another day! Sounds like it was a good one.

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Excellent report- thanks for Sharing-

Jennib
11-12-2008, 04:51 PM
food and wine sounded great!

laward32
11-14-2008, 09:32 PM
We love O'Hana's too. I didn't know they got rid of the potatoes. Those were my favorite. I love to stroll and take in my surroundings and people watch. Sorry the rain ruined your evening. The rest of your day seemed good though. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

thejens
11-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Don't you love it when your family finally admits that you are not just a crazy Disney fanatic, but that your planning has actually paid off?

vizsla
11-24-2008, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the report.