PDA

View Full Version : It's been 20 years!

e_pam
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
This is my first post so please bear with me. I've been "stalking" this site for awhile.
As you can see by the title, it's been 20 years since my last visit to WDW. We'll be arriving around noon on the 8th and leaving the 15th. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for making the Food & Wine Festival kiosks visits as smooth as possible. We're planning lunch there for Saturday and Sunday. :chef:

Beast_fanatic
11-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

As far as the Food & Wine Festival strategy, I would probably try to partake of the offerings starting when the booths open so that the lines are at their shortest. I would suggest having a good idea of what you are going to try (there is a list of kiosks and their offerings in this link (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/foodwine.asp)).

I'm sure others will be along soon with more suggestions.

cer
11-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Welcome to Intercot!

I have no suggesstions for you, I have never been to the Food and Wine Festival, but there will be some come along who have.

Have a wonderful trip!

TheRustyScupper
11-04-2008, 12:04 PM
It was twenty years ago today,
Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile . . .

henry.james.s
11-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Welcome!! Pace yourself & comfortable shoes is my tip. It's really a hoot. I love the diff Beers you can get. They make for a happy time.
ENJOY!!

Tinkerbella16
11-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Welcome to Intercot!!!

We arrive on Sunday and will be heading to Epcot right after checking in at our resort. I'm hoping to get to checkout some of the F&WF booths while I'm there. See ya there!! :mickey:

wendy*darling
11-04-2008, 12:56 PM
:mickey: Welcome to INTERCOT! :mickey:

I suggest taking it slow. How many people are in your party, and what are their ages?

I went this year- and we were 4 adults. We moved from booth to booth and tried to get one or 2 items from each place as we went. We shared everything- so everyone got at least a bite of everything.
We hit every booth, but only made it halfway around on our only night devoted to the F&W.
I would suggest checking out the guide map for the Festival- (not the regular park map)- you can pick this up upon arrival. Identify which ones sound best to your family. Maybe hit every other booth the first day- and then catch the others on the second day (plus more of some of your favorites :tasty: )
Try NEW things! Don't be afraid to experience new foods and new tastes. It's only a small portion- and there's more booths to follow- so broaden your palate!

I STRONGLY suggest purchasing one of the new wrist/gift cards before you start. You can get one or a couple. Load any amount of money onto them and use them to make your purchases. It is MUCH, MUCH quicker to get processed this way- no digging for change or credit cards. It's right there on your wrist all the time! And you can re-load more money if needed OR use any leftover money at any WDW shop, restaurant, etc. It's a real gift card.

And... since it's been 20 years since your last visit- be sure to take time to see Epcot and not just the food booths!

Enjoy your vacation! :thumbsup:

e_pam
11-04-2008, 01:59 PM
You guys are the best! Thanks for the welcome!
There are 4 adults - me (50), my mom (73), adult son and daughter-in-law. Here's what I had in mind. I've printed the list of foods available from the official brochure and see what everyone is interested in. As soon as we get there, buy 4 gift cards @ $50 each. Get through half of WS Sat. and the other half Sun. Maybe each person go to three different booths (we're not big alcohol drinkers) and buy what we're interested in. Come together (as best we can) after 1 booth each & try what we've got. Then go to the next 3 booths and so on. I think there's 27 booths total and I'm sure we won't want something at all of them. Of course, if it's really good, I may not share! ;)

andreallybadeggs
11-04-2008, 07:46 PM
And another welcome...I lurked for a long time before I first posted and now I won't go anywhere else for the real scoop. Have not participated in the F/W yet-- one of these days-- but did read a few posts recently which you may have seen recommending that people not wait till evening to get started. Guess it tends to get much busier after sundown + a few folks overindulge and can make it not so fun for those close by. Enjoy your trip and then get to work planning the next one; perhaps a little sooner than 2029 ;););)