PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to vote today!!!

J9
11-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Whoever it is you decide to vote for, just remember to vote today!!! :-D

jillluvsdisney
11-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Thank you. I was going to start the same thread but I'm glad you beat me to it.

I voted early here in Wisconsin.

SBETigg
11-04-2008, 08:19 AM
I voted! We don't have early voting, but our polls opened at 7 am and there I was. Now I can try to work and end up watching the news all day. :thumbsup:

disneymom15
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Just waiting for my daughter, she turned 18 this year, we'll be voting in about an hour.

sgdisney
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I went and voted with my 18 year son today and it was with bittersweet as I watched him vote for the first time in the auditorium of his elementary school. His only comment was....this school looks a lot smaller than I remember!

SBETigg
11-04-2008, 09:48 AM
I went and voted with my 18 year son today and it was with bittersweet as I watched him vote for the first time in the auditorium of his elementary school. His only comment was....this school looks a lot smaller than I remember!

That's fantastic! My seventeen year old son was very upset that he's not old enough to vote yet this year. He can't wait.

goofy for pluto
11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
:flag: VOTE !!!! :flag:

DisneyDog
11-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I am very proud and happy that I voted. Glad it's over too, because I've been stressing about this for quite a while. Now it's done and there's nothing I can do but sit back and watch the polls.

J9
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I know I just can't wait for all of these stupid campaign commercials to be over with. I voted weeks ago via absentee ballot (I'm out of state for my job), so none of these commercials have meant anything to me for about a month now. I'm tired of hearing about change and about mavericks. I'm kinda tired of both of the candidates, and if there was a 3rd I'd probably vote for that person just because they didn't bombard me with stupid ads! LOL

I miss my regular commercials!!!! Only a few hours left until sweet freedom, though!!! :-D

Speedy1998
11-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I know I just can't wait for all of these stupid campaign commercials to be over with. I voted weeks ago via absentee ballot (I'm out of state for my job), so none of these commercials have meant anything to me for about a month now. I'm tired of hearing about change and about mavericks. I'm kinda tired of both of the candidates, and if there was a 3rd I'd probably vote for that person just because they didn't bombard me with stupid ads! LOL

I miss my regular commercials!!!! Only a few hours left until sweet freedom, though!!! :-D

No joke, I am to the point that I do not care who wins as long as I do not have to hear about it anymore (Please let this be a landslide one way or the other so we do not have this dragged out like 2000).

thrillme
11-05-2008, 09:02 AM
I went during "early" voting. I was nervous because the papers kept saying it was PACKED...

I took a deep breath and went anyway. NOBODY was there. I walked straight in...did my deed and walked out. It took me longer to park (which was pretty immediate).

I did chew out a friend who dared to admit to me that she didn't vote. :mad: I told her "congratulations"...you just officially gave up your right to "complain" about anything you don't like in the government.

TinkerbellT421
11-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I did chew out a friend who dared to admit to me that she didn't vote. :mad: I told her "congratulations"...you just officially gave up your right to "complain" about anything you don't like in the government.

LOL! Im glad Im not the only one that feels this way. I have been complaining and stating this in the other thread. "To Vote or Not To Vote". At first I thought I might have come out a little harshly but then found out Im not the only way that thinks that way! lol!

I voted, glad I did. And in every proportion this has been a very historic election that I am glad to say I was apart of and experienced.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
I went at 11:00 AM and there was no line. My wife went at 1:30 PM and nobody was in line. Everyone went at 6:00 AM and after work.

Darn...I'm REALLY going to miss all those commercials and mailings. :ack:

Jeff G
11-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Darn...I'm REALLY going to miss all those commercials and mailings. :ack:

Me too.

Actually we started getting 3-5 recorded political phone calls a day which was obnoxious. On Sunday we came home to a full answering machine. When we played it back we had 7 political messages on it. This irks me a ton becuase we are on the do not call list and yet we were getting baraged by politicians who may have helped create the do not call list in the first place.