PDA

View Full Version : So sad-am I "normal"?

mmwonka
11-03-2008, 06:09 PM
We just returned from an awesome trip on 10/27 and I'm so sad that the trip is over. This is the first time since we've been back that I've been able to come on this site and I'm addicted to this site :). Is it "normal" to be really sad once a trip is over or am I becoming too Disney-obsessed? Thanks in advance

2 princes and a princess
11-03-2008, 07:11 PM
It is NORMAL to be sad after the trip is over. I get over the sadness by planning the next trip.:mickey: It gives me something to look forward to.

tadshome
11-03-2008, 07:11 PM
It is perfectly normal. We always feel the same :hug:

mmwonka
11-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm definately trying to talk my husband into a trip next November instead of waiting our usual 2 years between trips :mickey:

tadshome
11-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Hopefully you will talk him into it ;)
It always makes me feel better when I am planning a trip:D

thumperbug
11-03-2008, 07:43 PM
I go thru major withdrawl once I get back. I always need the next trip to plan and look foward to.

Tink#64
11-03-2008, 11:35 PM
It starts for me on the last night of our trip, knowing that the next day is our last at WDW until we get to go back again! I can't bring myself to get on Intercot for at least a few weeks! :blush: Yes, I think most of us are addicted to WDW, but I can defintely think of worse things to be addicted to! :mickey: I am always so happy when I can start planning our next trip! I love the planning, & I think I spend so much time planning, the trip itself is surreal & the return to reality is sad! All four of us, myself, DS's 11 & 12 & DH are always so happy & carefree when we are WDW, I think it's just the desire for that complete escape & contentment that makes me sad! Even now, I don't know when we'll be returning is kind of a bummer but logging onto these boards everyday to share in others delight with WDW helps! :rocks:

grumpyguy
11-04-2008, 07:14 AM
i'm sorry to say..you appear to be completely normal.withdraws are a daily event for me.
so...i intercot at least once a day and save where i can to plan our next visit!!!:cloud9:
i love wdw,it is just an awesome place.

mouseketeer mom
11-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Normal? Well, you're Intercot normal!! Most of us have the very same problem! Welcome to the club! The only thing that seems to help is planning the next trip.;)

brownie
11-05-2008, 09:01 AM
It sort of depends on how you ask! ;) I think it's a perfectly normal reaction to feel a sense of sadness following a trip to Walt Disney World. It probably has something to do with the "separateness" of the place.

TinkerbellT421
11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
I believe it is completely normal. We start usually the night before we leave starting to feel all down and thinking about having to come home the next day. We usually Disney out when we get home going and seperating all our stuff and reminiscing for the next month lol and tell everyone we know or around about what happened on the trip. And then the weekend after we get back from our trip we start discussing our next options. Figure out what we plan on doing or not doing and start figuring out our budget. Plan what we will have with our current budget ways of doing it and what we might have to do if we need more for the budget or what we can do with whatever is left over from the budget. So we usually start getting right back into it. THen we will mark our calendars with our possible plan dates....mark it for the 11 month day for our home resort....then mark the day of the 7 month window for where we want to stay. And then when the 7 month window day hits we start our countdown. We keep the disney planning going everyday! lol!!

Hopefully you can talk the DH into a trip soon! And not have to wait two years!! :mickey: :thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
11-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I am almost sad leaving for the trip because I have so much fun planning and letting the excitement build up!! So you are not alone!! :grouphug:

Zawadi
11-05-2008, 04:08 PM
You're not alone! We were on a bit of a downer after our last trip which was booked Mar 2007 for the trip Sept 2008 - 18 months ahead!). We joined INTERCOT to find some answers to observations that were noticed during the visit and have spent a bit more time on the site than originally intended - oh well!

We've got to wait until Dec 2010 for the next trip to WDW!! :sad:

zebradome17
11-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Ofcourse you're normal! I get really emotional when I leave the world:blush:. I even get upset as I leave the hotel to go to the airport.

mmwonka
11-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Thank you for all the awesome replies and encouragement. This is the only Disney related website I've been able to go on since we returned home and it's because of all the wonderful people here. Those that are not "Disney addicted" don't get it:mickey: so it's nice to talk to people who are like me :mickey:. Thanks again

Tinkerbell19
11-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I am so glad that you all feel the same way as me too! I get very bummed out when I return from a trip :sad:. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one:whew: . What the wonderful world of Disney does to all of us! ;):mickey:

kemps@wdw
11-11-2008, 10:51 PM
As a WDW "vet, I would think you "abnormal" if you WEREN'T sad! :confused: How can you NOT be sad:( after leaving a place like that! Fortunately, there's always your next journey to plan for!:D In the mean time, you can get your Disney "fix" right here along w/us! :thumbsup:

LandFan
11-12-2008, 02:04 PM
yep. Same here. I usually can't even go near Intercot for a few months after I get back from a trip. I have to have a new one planned and then I am ok. Doesn't matter for when, I just have to have a new trip in the works!

Marilyn Michetti
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
NOPE, it takes several months for us. Every year, we have a wonderful time, but come home saying, "next year, we're doing a cruise". Well, 12 years later, we're going back to Disney in 25 days. :mickey:

Jeri Lynn
11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Returning is always sad for me. This year especially because our last full day in WDW I was stuck in our hotel room with a full fledged migraine....I did not get to have a nice dinner at the Rose and Crown with my sister and friend. I was bumming...

dtootsie42
11-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Its very normal to feel sad. We go every two years so this year we are not going to the World. We did get to do a quick trip to Disneyland which gave us a small fix but we just love the World. Not sure if we will be able to go next year or even in 2010. Our oldest will be a Senior in college next year, our middle will be starting classes at an art college and our youngest graduates this spring from High School but is thinking of taking a year off before going to college. Thank goodness...trying to come up with ways to pay the tution is a drag so paying for Disney is low on the list:(

Anyways...my husband has the Disney blues something fierce and is longing to plan another trip. At this point it is wait and see.