PDA

View Full Version : Baby's First Trip- Day 4

Disney Doll
11-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Oct 19-25 at POR
Me (Michelle) 29
DH (Casey) 35
DS (Miles) turning one on our trip

This was Miles' 1st birthday so it was an extra special day. We started with breakfast at the Crystal Palace. We got there early and got to see Main Street nearly empty which was cool. The food was really good and we were surprised with a birthday card (signed by Pooh and friends) and cupcake for Miles. We didn't have the birthday noted anywhere on our reservation, but Miles was wearing a birthday shirt. I though it was extra nice that they just noticed and did something nice. Miles didn't really care for the characters. On our first day we had a chance encounter with Chip and Dale which lead Miles to melt down after one of them touched him so I was prepared. Although he didn't like the characters getting too close he really enjoyed watching them from the next table.

After breakfast we headed straight for Fantasyland and even won YOMD ears as we were exiting Pooh. We were pretty excited! Next we picked up a birthday button in City Hall and decided to take a break and ride the train round trip. Miles really liked the train ride. By this point we had really ridden everything on our must do list so we just killed some time on Main Street by looking in the shops and sharing a cinnamon roll. I think this downtime was one of my favorite parts of the trip. I just love Main Street and it felt nice to go at such a relaxed pace. We had planned to get Miles' first haircut the next day at Main Street Barber Shop because we had heard that you need to get there early. By chance we stopped by and there was no wait so he got his first haircut on his birthday. He sat perfectly still and I couldn't believe how well he was occupied by a few Mickey stickers. He looked so grown up with his big boy haircut and I was so happy we had that experience in the Magic Kingdom.

We caught the afternoon parade and then headed back to the room for a nap. Miles didn't quite make it all the way through the parade and ended up falling asleep in his stroller. After nap we took the river ferry to DD. It was great weather and it was a lovely ride. We did some shopping and DH drooled over the create your own light saber display. I have a feeling we'll revisit that store when Miles gets a little older.

This was the best day and it was a perfect birthday.

mouseketeer mom
11-04-2008, 08:37 AM
This sounds like a great day. I love just having some "downtime" on Main Street. Wonderful, right?? Miles had a magical first birthday. Thanks for the report!

DizNee143
11-04-2008, 10:44 AM
yay! happy birthday miles!
sounds like a really great birthday day for all of you!!:mickey:

dtootsie42
11-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Happy, Magical first birthday Miles!!! What a terrific day for all of you.

pdrlkr
11-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Miles' first birthday celebration was magical from start to finish! What great memories for your family!

magickingdom67
11-05-2008, 05:19 AM
What great place to have your 1st bday! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

January-2007
11-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Thank you for sharing! :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I am really enjoying your reports- it seems like a great trip

Jennib
11-12-2008, 04:42 PM
What a wonderful day! It must have been such a heartwarming experience to see him get his first haircut there!! :mickey:

laward32
11-14-2008, 09:28 PM
I am glad Miles had a great 1st birthday and 1st haircut. Don't you just love the Bakery's cinnamon rolls? Yummy!! Another great day for your family. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

vizsla
11-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the report.