PDA

View Full Version : Baby's First Trip- Day 3

Disney Doll
11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Oct 19-25 at POR
Me (Michelle) 29
DH (Casey) 35
DS (Miles) turning one on our trip

This was our MNSSHP day so we wanted to build in plenty of rest time. We slept in (as much as Miles would allow) and started our morning with a family photo session at the Grand Floridian. It was a great experience. We had a very patient photographer who was very good with Miles. I really wanted some family pictures on the beach, but as it turns out Miles doesn't like sand. He refused to have any part of his body touching the sand, but the photographer still managed to get a couple of good beach shots. She did a really fantastic job. You can check out some of the better shots here (http://theshultstatefamily.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album09&page=1). (Hope I did that right.)

Then, we hopped on over to the Magic Kingdom. We got a fast pass for Jungle Cruise and then rode Pirates which had no wait. Next we headed to Aloha Isle for a Dole float. Miles also enjoyed this treat. We rode Jungle Cruise which Miles absolutely loved and did a little shopping. We headed back to the room fairly early and took a swim before our nap. I really think Miles enjoyed the wading pool just about as much as the parks. He's a fish.

After nap time we headed to the party and we loved seeing the Magic Kingdom all decorated. At first we were a little disappointed because it seemed more crowded at the party than it did during the day. The only other party we had experience with was the very first year of the Pirate and Princess Party which was like a ghost town. We still had a good time though. We rode a few rides and then decided to stake out a spot for the parade. We started looking for a spot 45 minutes prior and the streets were already completely lined with people. Luckily DH spotted an opening and we got one of the very last front row spots in Frontierland. The headless horseman was awesome and we all really enjoyed the parade. The Evil Queen from Snow White got right in Miles' face, but he wasn't scared. Afterwards we made our way over to some benches near main street and waited for the fireworks. The fireworks were good, but DH and I both agreed that we liked the regular Wishes better. I did really enjoy the music so on our way out I picked up the soundtrack. Miles fell asleep on the way out and slept all the way back to the room. We were really excited to experience our 1st MNSSHP, but I'm not sure if we'll do that again anytime soon. Maybe sometime earlier in the month and once Miles is older.

Donald
11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Sounds great! BTW, cute little boy!:mickey:

thumperbug
11-03-2008, 07:50 PM
I love the pic of Miles in the hammock.

mouseketeer mom
11-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Great pictures!!! Thanks.

DizNee143
11-04-2008, 09:54 AM
your son is soooo adorable! those pics came out great!!
sounds like a nice day basically relaxing and then enjoying the party! :mickey:

KylesMom
11-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Wonderful pictures to go with a fabulous day. I'm happy to hear Miles is taking everything in and enjoying himself - it sounds like you guys are, too! :mickey:

dtootsie42
11-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Terrific pictures....sounds like it was another wonderful day!

pdrlkr
11-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
What a great looking family you are! Miles is a real cutie!

Relaxed but very nice day!

magickingdom67
11-05-2008, 05:14 AM
Sounds like a great day. I really want to catch that party one of these years. :mickey:

January-2007
11-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Thank you for reporting. :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:29 AM
WOW excellent pictures-

Jennib
11-12-2008, 04:38 PM
great pics!!

laward32
11-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I would definately try it again when Miles is older. My girls had a blast last October (they were 6&7 then) other than the rain. Glad you had a good day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

SBETigg
11-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Adorable! He looks so much like both of you. You have a beautiful family. I'm glad the wicked queen didn't scare him. Thanks for sharing.

vizsla
11-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the report.