PDA

View Full Version : Universal Studios Hollywood plans Transformers ride for 2011

caryrae
11-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Scheduled to begin construction in fall 2009, the ride, based on the blockbuster 2007 film, would replace the Backdraft and the Special Effects Soundstages attractions at the movie theme park, according to Variety. The entertainment industry trade newspaper says the price tag for the Transformers ride could top the $40-million Simpsons Ride.
An identical Transformers ride is scheduled to debut first at Universal Studios Singapore.

Screamscape speculates that the new Transformers rides could constitute the next generation of Spiderman dark-ride systems at Universal Studios parks in Orlando and Japan, which mix in-your-face special effects and super-size 3-D projection.
In the ”Transformers” movie, which earned $708 million worldwide at the box office, the friendly Autobots battle the evil Decepticons, robots that can turn into cars, trucks and planes.
Steven Spielberg, an executive producer on “Transformers” and a creative consultant to Universal’s theme parks, previously developed rides and attractions based on “Jurassic Park,” “E.T.,” “Jaws” and “War of the Worlds.” A “Transformers” movie sequel opens in summer 2009.
— Brady MacDonald, Los Angeles Times staff writer

Mufasa
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Michael Bay (director of the Transformers movie) posted the following to his blog:

The Transformer Ride at Universal making all the press rounds - not sure yet - they had me in a press release saying I supported it - but Universal has a long way to go in my mind. I don't support it yet - I'm not involved and not sure the story of the ride works, and I know Optimus is not going to just show up to be directed by some new people that have never worked with him. I hate when people bull**** a quote from me that I never said.

I'll keep you informed. Maybe the guy making the rides at Universal will direct Transformers 3????