PDA

View Full Version : When do they Charge your CC?

JoelB-Mass
11-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know at what point the hotels would charge against your CC?

We will be checking into the hotel very early in the morning. One of our party will not be there yet but will arrive later in the day. She wants to use points from a Disney VISA. Can we ask the hotel not to charge the CC, so she can apply the points later in the day?

We will be checking in her room as well as others, since she is not the only one in the room.

Thanks much,

BigRedDad
11-03-2008, 10:21 AM
If I recall, they billed my CC at check-in for the week's stay. I am not sure exactly what they will do. Maybe they will bill the entire room and cancel the charge once your friend gets there.

Are you going to have charging privileges to your room? If so, maybe use the points for that.

TheRustyScupper
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know at what point the hotels would charge against your CC? . . . Can we ask the hotel not to charge the CC, so she can apply the points later in the day? . . .

1) If there is a balance due, it must be paid at check-in.
2) You can always go down later
. . . apply her rewards to the room
. . . have your credit card refunded

diz_girl
11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
If you have a room-only reservation, then your first night is already paid, so they shouldn't charge your room that night. But as a pp stated, if you want charging priveleges to your room, you'll need a CC on file. Also, even if you give a CC on file, and then she loads her GC points onto the room, you'll probably need to give them your CC number again. The system charges the last number given, so when I stayed at the Poly last year, I couldn't charge anything to my room, as there was a zero balance on my GC.

When we stayed at the WL in 2005, our CC was charged for our room charge each night that we were there, and not the balance at the beginning of our stay. If it has changed since our stay, then someone lese will come along and give you the correct information.

WedWay Peoplemover
11-05-2008, 10:46 AM
But to answer your question specifically,

they charge the Room and Dining Plan (if you have it) balance during check in.

HeadFairyInCharge
11-05-2008, 12:08 PM
My cc was charged in full at the 45 day s prior to arrival date. This was for a Magic Your Way Package with DDP. When you check -in the CC is used for any purchases charged to your room, extra meals,alcoholic beverages at the lounge, ect. at the end of your stay I believe. Also I do believe the card is just verified as active and chargeable. Hope this helps, not sure if you are booked as a package or room only at this time.
Good Luck.:unsure:

disneydad153
11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
We were at POFQ in Oct. They charged balance of room on CC when checked in. If CC was added to to the keys to kingdom card, it was charged again after first $1000.00 and then on check out. In 07, I paid cash for balance of room on check in and did not use CC at all, paid cash for everything even though they did have to add it to room card for incidentals. We used our Disney rewards card for purchases at resorts or DTD. Also I always book room only and get tix from Disney store prior to leaving. :yoda: