PDA

View Full Version : WDW and Cruise on Disney Wonder

johnO
11-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Our trip began with the drive to WDW on 10/27/08. We arrived at All Star Movies at approximately 11pm. We got to our room and hit the hay after six and a half hours of driving. The next morning we rode the bus to Epcot. We had a light breakfast and did lunch at the Cantina in Mexico. The food was good. We did Soarin', Nemo, SSE, TT, Maelstrom, 3 caballeros (a horrible replacement of El Rio Del Tiempo), Reflections of China, The American Adventure and watched British Invasion. Epcot was fun as always and there was an extra flair with the Food and Wine Festival. However the abnormally large amount of inebriated park goers was evident, especially on the bus ride back to the hotel.

The next morning we rode the bus to MK and barely made our resi for the Crystal Palace. It was fantastic as usual. We did lunch at Pecos Bill's which was good. We hit SM, the Tea Cups, Peter Pan, Pooh, IASW, HM, BTMRR, SplMou, TS Island, PotC, SFTH, Goofy's Barnstormer, Mickey and Minnie's Houses, TTA, CoP, Philharmagic, Jungle Cruise....watched Wishes......rode the bus back to the hotel and packed up.

The next morning we loaded up the van and drove to Port Canaveral. I knew the Disney Wonder was going to be big but there's few words to describe it's dimensions. It was stunning. We arrived at the terminal at about 11am. We boarded at about 1245pm. What a beautiful ship. The decor is unreal. We ate at Parrot Cay...fantastic. We went up to deck ten as we set sail. We went to our stateroom, #5501 and noticed that crewman were attempting to stop a huge leak from a burst pipe. Several rooms were flooded and guests had to be moved. Dehumidifiers and fans were in the passageway for the entire cruise. We played some shuffle board, ate at Animator's Palate. Tino and Arvin were our servers. They were excellent. The wet carpet in the passageway was replaced the next morning. We arrived in Nassau and it was much like I expected. We ate at Beach Blanket Buffet. We spent a couple hundred on various trinkets, shirts etc.... We ate at Parrot Cay, excellent. We watched the Toy Story Musical which was great. Attended the Pirates in the Caribbean party. My daughter and I watched Chihuahua in the Buena Vista Theater. The next morning we arrived at Castaway Cay. We had Breakfast in Parrot Cay and set out onto the island. The water was very cold! My daughter and I set out on two tubes however and braved the cold water. Air tempt was about 78. I did a solo trip on a beach cruiser to the other end of the island. It was incredible. When I arrived on the far end of the island I was alone and the only sound was the waves gently crashing on the beach. Indescribable. We got back on board and watched the High School Musical 3 at the Buena Vista Theater. We ate at Triton's, good. We then watched Disney Dreams... An Enchanted Classic, which was great. The next morning we ate at Tritons and left the ship.

The cruise was great. Not long enough. We felt too rushed and without sufficient time to do much of what was offered. It would have been nice to have a couple of days at sea to enjoy the ship and actually relax. I thought that this was going to be a relaxing time but felt rushed as always and once again, need a vacation from my vacation.

mouseketeer mom
11-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Great report. I felt the same way about our Disney Wonder cruise. It just wasn't as relaxing as I thought it would be. So much do see, do and explore. We loved it, sure, but if we did it again we would try to build more lounging on the ship time, just looking at the sea. We spent most of our time running from excursion, to meals, to activities, to shows. Thanks for sharing!

DizNee143
11-03-2008, 09:31 AM
im sorry if felt like you were being rushed..but it sounds like you guys still had a great time! thanx for sharing! :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Nice report- i agree on cruises there is WAY too much to do and not enough time

yjgirl32
11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
SOunds wonderful- just a little too short. Great report. Thanks for sharing.

laward32
11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I was really worried about feeling rushed as well. I am wondering if I should do the 4 day cruise instead of the 3 day. You have definately given me something to think about. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

johnO
11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I was really worried about feeling rushed as well. I am wondering if I should do the 4 day cruise instead of the 3 day. You have definately given me something to think about. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

laward32,

If you have the means, do the extra day. 3 days simply are not enough. The cruise was fantastic for sure, but more time on board would help slow things down.

goofy for pluto
11-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Great report!
Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

vizsla
11-04-2008, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the report.

Diznee4Me
11-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

faline
11-04-2008, 12:26 PM
It was a wonderful vacation even if you didn't really get a chance to relax!

pdrlkr
11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007
11-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks so much for sharing! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for reporting

thejens
11-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the report. I did the 7 day cruise and it was perfect. I'd rather skip the parks one year and do a 7 day cruise than try to cram them both into one week. Just my thoughts.

ElenitaB
11-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the report, John!

I was just talking with my DS this afternoon about how much we like cruising. Our first was a 3 night and definitely not enough time. The 4 night did allow for a bit of relaxation. Might sound like heresy, but I'd rather sacrifice a day in the parks to have more time onboard.

johnO
11-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the report, John!

I was just talking with my DS this afternoon about how much we like cruising. Our first was a 3 night and definitely not enough time. The 4 night did allow for a bit of relaxation. Might sound like heresy, but I'd rather sacrifice a day in the parks to have more time onboard.

I think I'd agree. It's just very hard to do Land and Sea on a limited budget. I think that's why we've come to the conclusion that we should do the 7 night cruise next year to get the full cruise experience. Yes, we'll have to skip WDW for a year, but, we did go twice in '07.

We LOVE WDW and I'm sure that the whole family would live there if we could but I think we all have the sense that despite the priceless memories we've gained from our numerous WDW vacations, we do want to try new things, and the 3 day cruise was a good way to get a taste for that. We're all quite confident that we'll be returning to WDW in the future but next year will be cruise only.......