PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

NH Disneyfan
11-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Just last week I got approval to attend a conference in Orlando Nov 9-12. The conference is at Gaylord Palms so I'll be staying there. I get in very late Sunday, November 9 and leave in the afternoon on the 11/12. I am in meetings 7am-5pm Monday/Tuesday and fly out when meetings end Wednesday.

What would you do Monday/Tuesday night? Would you stay in the hotel (I hear it is amazing), make a trip to WDW (no pleasure island...) or make a trip to CityWalk (Universal)?

I suppose I could hook up my laptop and work - or not.

Beast_fanatic
11-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Since you're attending a conference, they may have discount tickets available to you. If that was the case, I'd probably go to the parks (depending on whether or not you have transportation). If not, I'd likely spend one night at the resort (I'd go see ICE if it has started), and I'd probably go to Downtown Disney to go shopping on the other night.

WDWFanatic
11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
So close but so far, huh! I would try to do downtown Disney for a night, or maybe hit a park for a night. Or I would try to extend the trip a day or two :thumbsup:.

Tinkerbella16
11-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I would go to Downtown Disney one the nights and a park the other night. I love going to DTD during the evenings to shop, eat and just relax.

We will be arriving to WDW also this coming Sunday Nov. 9 and I am sooo excited!!!!
:mickey:

dtootsie42
11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
This exact thing happened to my husband a year ago. He decided to go and eat at a couple of places such as Kona's, The Yachtsman and one other place, which I'm drawing a blank on at the moment. He explored downtown and went to the Boardwalk and enjoyed being out and about. He actually explored some of the resorts that we have never been to and sent back pictures. He said it was great because he got a taste of Disney which held him over till our family trip.

Seasonscraps
11-04-2008, 04:56 PM
I would probably go to Citiwalk. I keep meaning to check it out but tend to spend my vacation time on Disney property.

mainemajor
11-04-2008, 08:34 PM
I have not stayed at Orlando's Gaylord Hotel, but having stayed at their Nashville resort earlier this year I know that there is a LOT to do at the hotel. They make their hotel a great place to stay and do things.
They also provide scheduled transportation to the Disney Parks.
I would stay and enjoy the hotel one night and hit Downtown Disney on another.