PDA

View Full Version : How is AirTran airlines?

luvDaMouse
11-01-2008, 02:04 PM
I was checking online for airline tickets for my trip in May, (southwest is not booking for May yet) I usually fly Southwest out of Philly or Continental out of Newark NJ ( I am about equal distance from each one) I have never used AirTran before. My best prices have been on Southwest but AirTran had some pretty good prices. Can anyone tell me about them? Does ME work with them?

DizneyRox
11-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Maybe this (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=143653&highlight=airtrans) will answer your questions...

CaptainSad
11-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I fly out of Boston all the time when I go to WDW. I don't know about Air Tran, but I go by Jet Blue. Better flights. More Non-stops. More room. And if you hit it right they have the $49 or $99 each way.

henry.james.s
11-01-2008, 03:03 PM
I've used them alot without problems.

MauiMouse
11-01-2008, 03:07 PM
I have flown with AirTran down to Orlando many times. I've never had a problem what so ever, the flights have always been on time, and luggage has always been there in both directions.

AirTran now participates with DME on your return home. I love the fact that I can drop my luggage off in the morning and then pick it up when I get home later in the evening. :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
11-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Airtran has the same issues most airlines do...they do change flight times and what not, but since I live in the land of Northworst, they are great in my eyes! I have yet to have a bad experience with them, and 99% of the time, they are much, much less expensive!

teambricker04
11-01-2008, 07:03 PM
We love AirTran!!! Generally we fly United, but our choice for affordable with great service is AirTran. I have heard of people having problems with flight cancellations/changes, but we have never experienced it.

Actually, one time I was flying out of Tampa and I needed to get a ticket day of and they were still very affordable and helpful!!!

Jeff
11-01-2008, 07:39 PM
We have been very happy with AirTran.
Flown them many times.:thumbsup:

andreallybadeggs
11-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Fly enough with any airline and you'll have problems I guess. Don't have extensive experience with Air Tran but did send my DD
to from MCO-MCI (Kansas City) twice with them. It meant almost a 4 hour drive for us but was worth it because of tremendous savings and non-stop flights. We encountered no problems.

bouncer
11-02-2008, 08:12 AM
I have flown them several times with no problem or flight time change. Definently no frills but still decent & inexpensive. I booked them for our next trip in April.

jillluvsdisney
11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm feeling comforted by reading all these replies. My sister and I flew Air Tran 5 years ago from Milwaukee to Orlando. No problems or complaints.

We had a flight to Orlando this next month on Midwest. Long story, the flight was cancelled and our money was refunded. I booked on Air Tran. It was about 70 dollars more :mad: but the flight times were very close to my originals on Midwest.

I have had 2 emails so far telling me about flight staus changes. The fiddled with the times just a little bit each time. This is making me very nervous. If we get to Orlando with any major glitches it will be a miracle.

I always get a lot anxiety before a Disney trip, this is really not helping at all.:mad:

HeadFairyInCharge
11-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Well this will be my first time flying with them. We booked back in April for about $290 RT for a nonstop from PHILLY to Orlando-they have e-mailed me twice with flight time changes -only slight changes and really the times are fine for me:thumbsup:. Seem to have Non-stops fill up fast and others with 1 connection at very good rates.
Will post a review after we return mid December. I have flown US AIR to Florida,Spirit too, all with out problems. Newark can be a bit cheaper, not convenient for me we are in South West NJ
Good Luck to you. :mickey:

bouncer
11-04-2008, 07:33 AM
We had a flight to Orlando this next month on Midwest. Long story, the flight was cancelled and our money was refunded. I booked on Air Tran. It was about 70 dollars more :mad: but the flight times were very close to my originals on Midwest.

I have had 2 emails so far telling me about flight staus changes. The fiddled with the times just a little bit each time. This is making me very nervous. If we get to Orlando with any major glitches it will be a miracle.

We used to fly Midwest as well. DH is a former employee. After 9/11 DH left the company with seeing the writing on the wall with the first wave of cutbacks. We've flown Airtran from MKE to MCO the last few trips and really have been good. I surprised to hear that they changed your flight times coming from MKE (thought that was happening at other busier airports) because I hadn't experienced that yet. Good luck! Let me know how it went for you please.:thumbsup:

Red Randal
11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
I used AirTran once, PHL-MCO, because the prices were oddly WAY lower than Southwest when I was traveling and I loved them.

It's generally the same experience as you'd get on Southwest but I particularly enjoyed the XM Satellite Radio on the plane. It was during the baseball playoffs and lets just say it was worth it!

I also loved that they participate in DME.

I'll be using them again for my next trip to the World, whenever it may be.

disneylovinmom
11-05-2008, 01:16 PM
We fly out of Indianapolis on Airtran and have not had any problems. The only thing is that you need to keep a watch on your flight times because they do change those quite a bit.

Poohmomnks
11-06-2008, 10:13 AM
We are flying AirTran in 35 days from Kansas City!! Our flights were considerably cheaper than Southwest. We are meeting with friends that are flying in from DFW and they have changed their departure time once....but it was just a few minutes. This will be our first time flying this airline :mickey: We are also using DME. Cant wait!!

skadar2
11-06-2008, 03:08 PM
We booked our flight nearly 1 year ago for our trip for which we leave in 2 days!

After nearly a year, with 6 days to go, AirTran sends us an email telling us that our flight has been canceled. They automatically put us on another flight that has stop-overs and shaves nearly 1 day off of our vacation.

We immediately asked for a refund and booked a flight with JetBlue. $500 more expensive, but it gives us back the day and is non-stop. And besides, JetBlue completely rocks.

We voted with our wallet. I'll never attempt to fly AirTran again.