PDA

View Full Version : Auction Basket

PhilHarHarMagic
11-01-2008, 09:49 AM
We're putting together a basket to auction at a charity event - basically a WDW Planning basket. I've already ordered the Unofficial Guide, Birnbaum's guide, and Lou Mongello's video guides to Main Street and Adventureland.

Can you think of something else that we might add to increase the bids on our package?

Thanks for your help!

DizneyRox
11-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Tickets to the parks, travel vouchers, gas cards...

VWL Mom
11-01-2008, 06:03 PM
The Dollar Store here has had a bunch of Disney odds and ends lately, Autograph Book, Pens, Note Paper, etc. Another idea would be a pin or two.

Another book that we have enjoyed is the Hidden Mickey book.

adoptionislove
11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
You can order the custom maps of all of the parks. Maybe the passporters guide to Disney.

dmallan
11-02-2008, 01:17 PM
The Walt Disney World Trivia Book: Secrets, History and Fun Facts Behind the Magic is a great book. I read it before our trip, but it's great for during and after a trip as well. Lots of cool facts about the World.

I think this is a great idea! We have an auction at our church every year as well, and I'm always looking for cool theme basket ideas.

Look for some sales at the Disney Store too. Beach towels or t-shirts would make good basket items.

dtootsie42
11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
These are always fun to do. Autograph books with fat pens or pencils would be great. If you have a disney store in your area perhaps purchase Disney dollars, a couple of pins, and any other fun trinkets you find.

kemps@wdw
11-05-2008, 04:58 PM
How about a all-inclusive Disney scrapbook kit. Comes w/the album, Disney pages, stickers, borders, everything you need to do your trip. (find them @ Hobby Lobby, Joann's, or Michaels
's). Also, consider a Disney picture frame. :thumbsup:

gwfx1031
11-06-2008, 10:56 AM
how about a few fun items like foot massage oil, comfort insoles for shoes, sun tan lotion. You can probably find some disney related snacks to help fill up the basket. How about a disney gift card with some $$ on it?

PhilHarHarMagic
11-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks so much for the great suggestions! I'll let you know what we settle on!

mrsgaribaldi
11-09-2008, 01:46 AM
Mickey ears, digital camera would be nice and something people might want to win