PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time Cafe

eeyorelover63
11-01-2008, 09:45 AM
i was just wondering about your experiences at Prime Time. i enjoyed my first time better. the waiter was so funny and he was awesome. how were your meals there?

iDisney
11-01-2008, 10:50 AM
We went there for the first time in January. While our waitress was good (she "yelled" at my mother twice for putting her elbows on the table), the waiter who was doing the tables around us was GREAT! When someone didn't eat all of their meal, he sat down at the table and fed them a few bites of it. On one occasion he made someone go stand in the corner for something or other, and he just had a good time.

The family that sat down next to us is another story. When they sat down they told the waitress that their daughter was allergic to basically everything under the sun. (No pork, dairy, beef, eggs, etc.) I felt bad for the poor girl. She ended up having (if I remember correctly), french fries, a bowl of dry lettuce, and applesauce for desert. Her parents proceeded to order everything she was allergic to including milkshakes and steaks/meatloaf. I felt bad for the girl, I really did.
At one point in time, the mom grabbed their dirty napkins, stood up, walked around our table, and sat them down on the empty table on our other side. Then, when we were set to leave, my mother stood up (i was still sitting) and she threw more napkins on our table! I hadn't even stood up! :mad:

Other than that, we really enjoyed our visit. :)

brewcrew26
11-01-2008, 11:24 AM
When were first went in the mid-90s the service was great. But our last trip in April, the service was very so-so. Our server just wasn't into the role. She disappeared for long periods of time and the food was mediocre. We're going to give it awhile to see if some kinks get worked out and try back in a year or two.

Arielfan98
11-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Ok so the first time I went there in like 2006 or sumthin the service was great, but when I recently went there like 7 months ago or sumthin the waitress was gone all the time!!!!! Also the food was good, but I thought it was kinda small portioned for wat you payed for.... so from comparing and lookin at other peoples experinceses to my own, I would just say its a risk, u mite get a good waiter/waitress or u get a bad one...either way it will always be a so-so restaurant. :cool:

hardingella
11-01-2008, 01:26 PM
We have been twice, 2006 and 2008. Both times were great. we loved the food, we got VERY healthy portions, and on both occassions we had exceptional service.
This is not the first time ive read about dissapointing experiences at this restaurant.
i would add an air of caution about this site, if you read enough you will probably find negative views on just about everything.We all have different expectations, and i also think the more you go to a place the more you are able to compare it to other experineces and find fault.Go and enjoy:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
50's PT is one of my 2 or 3 favorite meals at WDW! I love this place! The food is great and the portions are large. The wait staff is so cool! I can't find a thing not to like! :mickey:

kemps@wdw
11-01-2008, 11:28 PM
:twocents: I,too, am one who cannot complain about 50's. Our experience was wonderful. Great food, great service. Our 1st time server was more in character (I still have the napkin that I had to write "I will not put my elbows on the table"), than our 2nd timer, but both were more than attentive. As a "comfort food" lover, my DH says that 50's was one of his better meals @ WDW.:thumbsup:

disneyfan1124
11-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Prime Time is on our "every trip" list. The food, both quality and quantity, is consistently excellent. The "experience" has been consistently inconsistent. Some visits we have a very engaging server, other times they can't be bothered to do anything other than serve the food. We once tooks friends with us, not saying anything about the "experience" prior to the visit-good thing we didn't b/c it was actually pretty poor service that trip. One bad service trip out of countless though, so, we continue to return and never know what the "experience" will be, but the food is wonderful-every time! Can't wait...just a few days left on our count-down!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-02-2008, 08:59 AM
DH and I are eating there on Thanksgiving. We've eaten there a few times and always have a lot of fun with the cast members.:thumbsup:

Next trip: 11/24th thru 12/5th @ the POP
(22 days and counting ):joy::woohoo::joy::woohoo::joy::woohoo:

LudwigVonDrake
11-02-2008, 10:21 AM
I have never had anything but a great experience there. Plus the Pot Roast is delicious :tasty:

Belster
11-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I would have to agree that this is a great place to eat!

Enjoy a milkshake. :mickey:

MauiMouse
11-02-2008, 08:24 PM
I think that I've eaten at 50s Prime Time Cafe at least 3 times, and I'm going back in December for lunch. We like it a lot, good home cooking and can be rather funny at times.

Married-2-WDW-nut
11-03-2008, 08:20 AM
We love the food there and make sure we have a reservation for each trip!:mickey:

However, not sure if it's because were British, but we NEVER get a server who is in character. Same applies for Whispering Canyon.

Perhaps they think we wouldn't understand ..:confused:

#1donaldfan
11-03-2008, 12:28 PM
....well....it just so happens that it is one of the only two bad experiences we've EVER had at Disney...the worst by far was Mexico.....YUCK !!!.....50's food was just ok, nothing very good at all...but our grand expectation of a good time was dulled by our "cousin" who didn't care if we burned the place down....our kids tried so hard to get him to notice them....they had their elbows on the table, dropped so many pieces of siverware, I'll bet they had to do extra dishes, our oldest DD poured ketsup into her plate for attention....I suppose our "cousin" was one who didn't care to play......we now know, upon checking in, we ask for a CM willing to play their part......:cool: