PDA

View Full Version : our 1st DVC stay!

DestinationWDW
11-01-2008, 09:00 AM
We just returned from our 1st trip as DVCer's! And it was much needed! We went 10/19-10-26 on our Builder's Incentive points to SSR. My Dad and Stepmom came down from 10/20-10/24 and we celebrated our 15th and their 10th wedding anniversaries. The resort was BEAUTIFUL and very relaxing! We were in the Paddock section in the building right next to the bus stop and private pool. It was so peaceful to walk across the bridge to the Carriage House/Artist Palette and I really enjoyed the jetted tub and the SPA!!! Exquisite service there - better than GF's spa! We used the DDP this trip, as did my Dad.....but for future trips will forgo it and take advantage of DVC dining discounts/using our kitchen! Although with 3 kids (13, 10 and 5) the DDP is a money saver for us! We treated my Dad and Stepmom to Hoop-De-Doo (out of pocket!) and they LOVED it - right up there alley that kind of comedy is - and the unBEARable jokes went on for the rest of the week!!!! MNSSHP was THE BEST as usual (got the DVC discount for Tues.) and went again Friday - rainy on Friday and the place was darn near EMPTY!!!!! Yahoo for us! Will remember for our next trip at home - 1. BRING YOU OWN SHAMPOO - those tiny bottles don't last your whole week and they want to charge you for more! Although, they kindly didn't!!!! And a TIP for you girls out there ! If you by mistake wash your hair with shower gel, don't worry - it was my best hair day the whole trip!!! 2. They charge for extra towels - We had a 1 bedroom with 5 people....with 4 towels and 1 have a CPAP machine with parts that need washed.....They didn't charge me...."this time"....OVERALL - a great trip! But bus service at SSR not stellar, disappointing and heard a lot of grumbling in bus lines. MY DFIL passed away week before though and we were just praising God that we had opportunity to relax and unwind, so we tried to be patient and "let it go". Used those moments to hold my Dad's hand and enjoy my 13 yo DD holding my hand (I am NOT cool outside of Disney you know) and remember I own a piece of the magic!!!! Thanks for reading!!!:cool:

MinnieMommie
11-01-2008, 09:32 AM
I am happy you enjoyed your 1st stay at SSR. It sounds as if you had a relaxing time and that you enjoy the resort. SSR is our home resort and we also find it to be a very relaxing stay. I agree that the bus service is something they need to work on. Sometimes it is fine and other times less so. Sounds as if you didn't let it affect your overall enjoyment and that you had a great time. :mickey:

vizsla
11-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your first trip as a DVC'er.:mickey:

DeeAndras
11-19-2008, 04:34 PM
welcome to the club!!!!

DizneyFreak2002
11-20-2008, 10:21 PM
I recently came back from my first stay as a DVC member.. I stayed at SSR as well... I am glad you loved it cause I did too...