PDA

View Full Version : Park ticket question: Can you enter multiple parks without a hopper?

BelleCiavo
11-01-2008, 08:30 AM
I have a friend going to WDW in January, she is staying 4 days. I know where to get tickets that have free days attached and it's cheaper to buy 4 day MYW non hopper tickets with 3 extra days (total of 7 days) then it is to buy 3 day hoppers with 3 bonus days (total of six days.) The savings is $46 per person, times 5 people that's a good bit of savings. So, can she use the plain ole MYW tickets for multiple parks in one day?

BMan62
11-01-2008, 08:34 AM
No. Once your ticket is entered into one of the four gates it is logged into the computer. If you try to go to another park, without the Park Hopper, it will not allow admission.

BelleCiavo
11-01-2008, 08:49 AM
I just want to make sure my point is getting across, day 1 she uses her ticket to enter MK (1 day off ticket) that same day she uses her ticket to enter EPCOT (day 2 off her ticket.)

Ian
11-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Obviously not. I mean if you could, why would anyone spend 50 bucks to add on the hopper option?

No ... no hopper, only one park per day.

DizneyRox
11-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Correct, the answer is no...

Park Hopping allows you to enter multiple parks on the same day. Without that option you are systematically limited to one park a day. While you can try, you will be told by a front gate CM that you will need to upgrade your ticket. You will be directed to Guest Relations to do that. I've been in back of people arguing until they are blue in the face, Disney doesn't budge.

BelleCiavo
11-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Thank you everyone for clearing that up. Ian, you condescension never ceases to amaze me.

wdwfansince75
11-01-2008, 11:23 AM
The original purpose for the lower cost extra days was to encourage WDW guests to stay at WDW for their entire vacation, bu making the extra days at WDW cheaper than any alternative....but unlike St. Augustine's aplogism, most human caused causes have more than one effect....a secondary effect of the lower cost extra days is the potential of using the extra days for extra parks. Disney eliminated this potential unintended consequence by restricting use of extra days to simply one day per day. Since we always stay for more than five days, and since we always park hop, we love the advantage of the current ticket options.

To the other issue, I have personally found Ian's answers to usually be correct, and, for the most part, unpretentious. Please note that he comes from an area long known for its frequent teacher strikes....Perhaps his couth teacher was on strike while he was going to school. Or maybe the Phillies third World Series win ever made him that way!

gerald72
11-01-2008, 11:39 AM
WDWFansince75, perhaps your sports history teacher was also involved in the same teachers' strike. It was the Phillies SECOND World Series win ever- 1980 and 2008!
GO PHILLIES!

MickeysEars
11-01-2008, 12:29 PM
we thought we could, that it was our loss to use more then one day tickets. But NO, you can not. No park Hopper, no multiple parks

Goes4FastPass
11-06-2008, 03:44 PM
I just want to make sure my point is getting across, day 1 she uses her ticket to enter MK (1 day off ticket) that same day she uses her ticket to enter EPCOT (day 2 off her ticket.)
Your question is clear.
The answer is No.

Carol
11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Lets stay on topic folks............

CaptSmee
11-06-2008, 10:47 PM

Nope. It will not work that way. You will only be allowed to enter 1 park per day, unless you have a park hopper option.