PDA

View Full Version : 5 4 3 2 FUN!!! (Day2)

maizey05
11-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Day 2: Day at Disneyland

I had a good night's sleep, on our first night at PPH. However, at 6am, I was awakened to loud music and singing. I knew DCA was not opened yet, so this boggled my mind. It went on for some 5 minutes, or so. Then I fell back to sleep. Hmmm.
The 3 of us were up and ready for Magic Morning, in no time. For some reason, we didn't expect the line into the park, to be so long. We entered the park, and immediately, DS recognized the castle. (He's been watching a Disneyland Sing Along video, that shows various rides, attractions at DL. His favorite song on the video, is "Right Down the Middle of Mainstreet USA".) Yes, he was happy to be "walkin' right down the middle of mainstreet usa", himself. DS and I rode the carousel first, and he loved it. DH and DS waited in line for Dumbo, while I did the Matterhorn. Was it always so herky-jerky? DS loved Dumbo, as most kiddies do. He nearly cried, when the ride was over. Rode the canal boats. (I had never done that one before, and thought it was fairly dull.) DS spotted the teacups, and even chanted, "spin, spin, spin", during our ride. Rode AIW. By that time, the rest of the park was open. We walked on POTC. DS was unsure about the dark, for a while. All was well, after he heard "yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me". We noticed the Jungle Cruise was open. (I had read for months, that it would be down for refurb, for another 2 days, so that was a welcome surprise for DS.) I don't remember seeing the pirrana's (sp) there before. When was that added? We grabbed a Dole Whip, while waiting to enter The Tiki Room:papple:. I have to say, I love the original show, as compared to WDW's new version. DS was in awe of all the singing birds and flowers. Ok, back to PPH, for a nap with DS.

We arrived back at DL, for our PS at Cafe Orleans. Explored some of the shops in NOS area. By this time, the park was pretty busy. I regret that we didn't get a spot for the parade earlier, because by the time we were trying to find a place, there wasn't much. We ended up at the hub, behind a crowd of parade watchers. DH, with DS on his shoulders, me standing on tip-toes, arms over head, holding the video camera. I really don't remember much about the parade, since I couldn't see much. While we were waiting, DS pointed at the lit up castle, saying "when you wish upon a star". Then, I got it. That's what the castle looked like in his video, when that song was played. He put his head on my shoulder, and wanted me to sing it over and over again. (My eyes got a little misty, and I had one of those :pixie:
moments.) We fought the masses, and off to bed we went.

tinkwest
11-01-2008, 09:29 AM
So . . . the musical mystery was never solved?

Yes, the Matterhorn Bobsleds do throw you around. I notice the bumps and jerks more each year.

A wonderful family day for you. That video really made an impression on your son, didn't it?!

NotaGeek
11-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks for your report! The piranha were added to the Jungle Cruise about 2 years ago.

pdrlkr
11-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: