PDA

View Full Version : NJ Girl 2008 Vacation Final Thoughts

NJGIRL
10-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Our trip was Oct 16th through Oct 25th.

Rambling Thoughts

Recession....what Recession.... Not in Disney$$$.

As you see by my signature we have been to Disney many times in Oct and while the time we had to wait in line for rides was only slightly higher than usual the parks just seemed so much more crowded. It seemed alot busier than usual during the 3rd and 4th weeks in Oct this year.

I do like going with other families for a couple of days and then being on our own for some time also. It gives everyone time to do what they want and it's also a blast for the kids.

We had a great time on the cruise but after doing it twice may try a different cruise line just for a change. While the food was still good it just seems to have lost a little something. For those of you going on the Disney Cruise don't worry about getting dressed up for dinner because for the most part people were very very casual.

I pre paid for the photo pass. I don't think I'll do it again. My own camera took pictures that were alot better & clearer than theirs did. I know some of them were no fault of the photographer but in some photos either my son or nephew was not looking at the camera. If I took the shoots myself I would have known and been able to take another before we left the parks. Also some of the shoots are missing. Not all of the shoots at Typhoon Lagoon are there, we are also missing shoots near the Rockin Rollercoaster and who knows what else.

I found that any cast member that we dealt with to be friendly and helpful.

Our days of characters breakfast are over. We didn't do any the last time (at the request of nephew #1) and shouldn't have done any this time (with nephew #2). The boys are not at all interested in the characters (even the pretty girls) and they are too costly IMO when you have to take a chance of the food being good or even people in your party being hungry enough on that day to eat $30 worth of breakfast food.

We are also going to skip doing the Fantasmic Package. The stadium had plenty of seats (and from what I have seen always does) when we got there at 7:15 that we didn't need reserved seating (especially when the seating is way off to the side). I also don't like the idea of having to cancel 48 hours prior or paying $10 per person for nothing. We will be eating at Hollywood & Vine again but not on the package (if that can be done) so if something does come up we can cancel without paying penalty fees.

We will return to Teppan Edo again on our next trip. It was really good.

No matter what anyone says on the next trip we will stay for Illuminations.

I like the changes to SpaceShip Earth. I will do Toy Story Mania again only if the wait is 20mins or less.

Bikes on Castaway Cay are well worth the rental fee.

The Atlantis Water Park is a must for anyone who has no seen it yet.

Except for pins we didn't buy much on this vacation.:cloud9:

The Rainforest will probably be replaced next trip with T Rex (just to check it out).

I think I would like to try one of the fireworks cruises on our next trip.

Warning: I saw alot of people being turned away with their so called "carry on" luggage while trying to board the plane. US Air is cracking down on the carry on size (which makes me happy). Do yourself a favor and stick to the guidelines so you don't hold up the plane and get frustrated by them taking your luggage away.

Whispering Canyon Cafe is alot of fun but will probably skip it the next time around since we have been there three times already and it has lost the element of surprise for us.

On two days we had more than 1 ADR. I will not do that again. It was just too much food. My husband and I are going to share more lunches together and not stuff oursleves so much.

Next year is Italy so Disney World see you in 2010!:mickey:

cer
10-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the report! :thumbsup:

I enjoyed reading about your trip.

faline
10-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

jillluvsdisney
10-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. I agreed with many of them.

pdrlkr
11-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for all the great Reports! :smickey:

DizNee143
11-03-2008, 08:54 AM
overall sounds like you guys realyl had a nice time in disney..
thanx again for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading all about it! :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Very good wrap up- thanks!!

We have never tried Tepan Rdo but we will this year

goofy for pluto
11-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Great reports!
You covered a lot and I enjoyed reading them very much!
:thumbsup: :mickey:

January-2007
11-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2008, 02:09 PM
thanks for the tips

Disneyfan1971
11-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the tips...and it sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

NJGIRL
11-07-2008, 04:37 PM
One thing I forgot to mention was not once did we see anyone with a Year of a Million Dream Prize. No dream passes, no ears, no certificates. When we were in Disney at the begining of the Year of a Million Dreams not only did we win dream fast passes but we saw so many people with all kinds of prizes. I wonder what happened.:confused:

#1disneyfan
11-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Bikes on Castaway Cay are well worth the rental fee.

Couldn't agree more!

Sounds like you had a great trip, thanks for the report.

tinkerbell04
11-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the reports, I have enjoyed reading them. :)

SBETigg
11-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks for sharing!

princessgirls
11-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the report!

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Julie:mickey: