PDA

View Full Version : Times are a changin'

Zawadi
10-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Believing in the saying "change is the only thing that's constant" what do you think will be the next ride/attraction to go to the great theme park in the sky?

In the last couple of years we've had:

Who Wants to be a Millionare replaced by Toy Story Midway Mania
Timekeeper replaced by Monster's Inc Laughter Floor
Food Rocks replaced by Soarin'
Wonders of Life moth-balled

My vote goes to Universe of Energy being next.

What do you think?

AnnetteFan
10-31-2008, 03:56 PM
I like Universe of Energy. I'd like to see it updated a bit but as an attraction I rather enjoy it.

I'd like to see the Tommorowland Speedway be replaced.

Polynesian Dweller
10-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Please, please, please let it be Sounds Dangerous. There is no other attraction less worthy of being around and more in need of being replaced.

skram79
10-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Agree with Sounds it should go.

DizneyRox
10-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Latest from Jim's rumor mill is COP. I'm guessing that the Backlot Tour over at MGM is pretty close to entering the extinct attractions club.

CaptSmee
10-31-2008, 04:34 PM
For sure it will be Sounds Dangerous...followed by Pooh's Playful Spot.

mickey&missy
10-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Funny thing, we've never seen Sounds Dangerous, been on the Backlot Tour or been to Universe of Energy :blush:

I would LOVE to see them update the speedway! The kiddos love to drive the cars but it surely needs to be refurbed badly!!

Mad About Mickey
10-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Stich's Great Escape :ack:

lightyearfan
10-31-2008, 05:22 PM
In the last couple of years we've had:

Who Wants to be a Millionare replaced by Toy Story Midway Mania (much better)
Timekeeper replaced by Monster's Inc Laughter Floor (again better)
Food Rocks replaced by Soarin'(must do)
Wonders of Life moth-balled

well i hope that they will do something with Swiss Family Tree House, this is BORING!!, i know that allot of people will say it's a part of WDW , just like Pirates and Haunted Mansion, but me and dw feel that they could put a really good attraction there instead. (IMHO)

VIctor

pink
10-31-2008, 05:37 PM
I hope they're closing the Backlot Tour. We went on last month and it is just not what it used to be. I also think they should get rid of Sounds Dangerous. It's a waste of valuable space. :mickey:

AllDisney
10-31-2008, 07:22 PM
I vote for Stitch to be retired. I like the Speedway....it just needs a badly deserved make over.

TiggeRia
10-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Here's another vote for Sounds Dangerous.

mainemajor
10-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Tommorow land Speedway is way dated. It was kind of cool 25 years ago, but now it's just a loud smelly place. So that gets my vote

sportsguy2315
11-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Another vote for Sounds Dangerous aka "Free air conditioning!"

joanna71985
11-01-2008, 01:27 PM
I vote for Stitch

AmandaChan
11-01-2008, 04:02 PM
At first I disagreed with those who voted for the Backlot Tour because I like riding on the trolleys and it's nice and relaxing. Then I remembered the horrible opening that YOU HAVE TO SIT THROUGH with the movie Pearl Harbor (not disrespecting the actual event in history but I really, really dislike the director of the movie). The Pearl Harbor beginning is almost a deal breaker for me. After you've seen it one time you really don't want to watch it again.

I actually really like Ellen's Universe, albeit very controversial I'm pretty sure it doesn't appeal to the masses. But that's kind of what Epcot is about -- making you explore other ideas and worlds.

I will boycott Disney if they ever have the guts to get rid of COP. Seriously.

Daisy'sMom
11-01-2008, 04:51 PM
We were at the Studios yesterday. Backlot Tour needs something more, it is missing something. We haven't been to Sounds in a long time and we did not even walk by it. It is so boring.
I still love the Movie Ride, TOT, and RNR but nothing compares with Toy Story Midway Mania! It is wonderful.:number1:

ffrda
11-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Sounds Dangerous is an excellent candidate, as is Tomorrowland Speedway. If they wanted to keep the speedway, I think a makeover into a "Cars" theme would be a great idea.....imho.

Zawadi
11-01-2008, 06:18 PM
If they wanted to keep the speedway, I think a makeover into a "Cars" theme would be a great idea.....imho.
Excellent idea

After reading the previous posts, I've changed my mind.
Surely it's time for Stitch to make his great ESCAPE and vacate the building making way for something new ;)

Disneyatic
11-01-2008, 07:02 PM
My family actually likes Stitch :blush: I think that they could do more with it (and I could live without the chilidog burp!) but we like the ride and ride it a few times each trip!
My vote would go for a CARS overlay on the Speedway. That seems like such an easy and big improvement for that ride!

handmaidenofprincesses
11-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Get rid of Stitch:ack: or Sounds Dangerous

I like UoE- but it does need to be updated to go along with the wave of the future, supporting clean sustainable energy instead of the fossil fuels that came from dinos :/

disneydeb
11-01-2008, 08:16 PM
My family actually likes Stitch :blush: I think that they could do more with it (and I could live without the chilidog burp!) but we like the ride and ride it a few times each trip!
My vote would go for a CARS overlay on the Speedway. That seems like such an easy and big improvement for that ride!

Cars overlay AND solar powered cars instead of gasoline!

ransam
11-01-2008, 09:45 PM
I would definitly get rid of Stitch. I didn't like it before when it was the space alien, and I don't like it now. just a personal thing.
I also have thought that it's a natural thing to turn the speedway into a "Cars" theme.
I also think that Honey I shrunk the audience needs to make a farewell tour. I like the show, it's excellent, but it's based on a movie that was released 20 years ago. It would be cool to see them do the same kind of show w/ an Enchament theme. The cleaning scene would give you lots of opportunities for providing the effects.
I think it be cool to have Wall-E going around the parks sweeping up trash (like the talking trash cans where someone in the crowd is controlling it)
I have no problem w/ Swiss Family treehouse. But it could be a better attrraction. I have noticed there is nothing at the resort for Bambi. No show, no resturant, no ride. That island would be a cool Bambi Island. a huge petting zone where you an interact w/ the animals.
Just a few ideas.

Disney fans..
11-01-2008, 10:59 PM
I am all for replacing Sounds Dangerous..I have no idea what this attraction brings to Disney. This is the only ride that I feel should be replaced..:cool:

mickchic
11-01-2008, 11:30 PM
COP is a Walt Disney icon. My kids aren't crazy about the show, but they love it when their Dad sings along. Some things need to stay because they represent Walt and Roy Disney. Think of it as an antique that needs to be preserved for future generations.

I still miss the Swan Boats, E- tickets and 10k Leagues under the Sea!

MinnieMommie
11-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Sounds Dangerous please! :mickey:

zebradome17
11-02-2008, 01:53 PM
I enjoyed sounds dangerous when I tried it:blush: but its not the sort of thing you would ever do more than once so perhaps they should get rid of it. I think universe of energy will definitely go. I don't thinkthey'll get rid of stitch yet. It may not have gone down very well but it's still quite a new attraction and I think some of the older ones shoeld go first.

goofygirl67
11-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Sounds Dangerous should go.
Stitch is boring get rid of it-- I am an Alien Encounter fan.
Universe of Energy needs a change of some sort.

mickey001
11-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Stitch=fail, sorry to the fans. I love the movie, but the ride is boring and easily predictable.

I would like a cars makeover of raceway.

I like the Backlot, i really do, but either they update with some sweet effects, or trash it.

Perhaps Indiana jones?

Wells
11-06-2008, 08:19 AM
For sure it will be Sounds Dangerous...followed by Pooh's Playful Spot.

Rumours are that Poohs playful spot will make way for a new Little Mermaid E-ticket attraction opening in 2011…….

big blue and hairy
11-06-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't know what's actually on the drawing board, but I know that Sounds Dangerous is the absolute worst attraction Disney has ever produced. Anyone with a little production experience could make the sound effects that Disney slapped on an empty space. Getting rid of it would be a sign of Disney purging themselves of the non-imaginative stuff Eisner was hated for at the end of his reign.

:sulley:

big blue and hairy
11-06-2008, 08:34 AM
I would also like to see Disney replace most of an attraction....The Magic Of Disney Animation. This formerly great attraction was gutted when they stopped making movies in Orlando. I really enjoy the Animation Academy, but the rest of it is a big disappointment. Bring back the animators!

:sulley:

Simba's Mom
11-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Since the OP asked which one would go, I agree that it'll probably be Universe of Energy. That's because energy and energy sources are such hot topics these days, and I'm not sure that Universe of Energy portrays things in "politically correct" form. However, that's not the attraction I'd like to see go-that would have to be Stitch's Great Escape.

Tinkerbell19
11-06-2008, 11:41 AM

I agree 100%....me too!!!!!;)

TinkerbellT421
11-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Sounds Dangerous please! :mickey:

:ditto::exactly: I agree 100%!!!

Cookie123
11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Sounds Dangerous needs to be replaced with something totally new. I have always enjoyed
the post show area, though. You know the space - where you go into those small sound booths ???

Imagineer1981
11-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Stitch doesn't deserve the bad rap...if you never rode Alien Encounter you may not feel the same way. I do agree that Sounds Dangerous is on the chopping block, backlot tour, and i wonder if Mermaid show is as well if they put in a Mermaid ride?

kbean
11-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Indiana Jones Stunt Bore.....I want the ride instead.

Disneyfan1971
11-06-2008, 10:52 PM
The last time I was at WDW was 1995 and didn't even ride the raceway...I'd love to see a CARS themed ride in its place since the movie is soooo popular.

A little off subject--what about the area where 20,000 Leagues was? About eight or nine years ago, there were RUMORS it was going to be some kind of rollercoaster there called Fire Mountain??!!???

And I know this will sound a bit, well, nevermind. But why did Mr. Toad's Wild Ride get replaced by Pooh's adventures? I know MTWR was kinda cheesy but I LOVED that ride sooo much.

DigitalDaredevil
11-07-2008, 04:41 AM
I too would boycott if CoP was removed.
Updating Universe of Energy is a good idea even though I still enjoy it.

SpecJoe Magic
11-07-2008, 10:54 AM
well i hope that they will do something with Swiss Family Tree House, this is BORING!!, i know that allot of people will say it's a part of WDW , just like Pirates and Haunted Mansion, but me and dw feel that they could put a really good attraction there instead. (IMHO)

VIctor

It would be nice to have a quality attraction in that spot, but it's highly unlikely for two major reasons:

1. The large cost of removing it.

2. The lack of space available for a replacement attraction (Jungle Cruise is not far behind that location)

TinkRocks
11-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I also like the idea of updating the Speedway with a Cars theme. Kids love being able to drive cars, and the Cars movie is popular, so why not combine the ideas??

I'm also on the list to boycott WDW if they get rid of Carousel of Progress. It is a classic attraction. However, the Christmas scene does need to be updated.

Universe of Energy does need an update to reflect the current environmental issues we are facing. Yes - it's good to know the history of energy, but we also need to know what the future holds...

I know this is completely out of the question, but would love to see Horizons make a triumphant return. I, and I'm sure many others, love the 'classic' slow-moving attractions.

With the technology that's available today - anything is possible. However, if every attraction was reliant on a movie-screen, it is gonna get boring real fast. I understand the use of movie screens (easily change the content, etc.), but there's also that 'wow' factor when people see what can be done with audio animatronics (Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.).

I'm not a fan of Pooh's Adventure, Stitch's Great Escape, Monster's Laugh Floor. Pooh's Playful Spot is a waste of space - I understand it's a fun place for toddlers and to give the parents a few minutes peace, but why spend $$$$$ for kids to play on a playset??

I know a lot of people don't like the Seas, but I love it. However, it still boggles the mind why they didn't consider combining Nemo & Little Mermaid in the attraction.

I would love to see something done with the 20k space - an interactive / audio animatronic attraction of some kind. Maybe a Princess themed attraction would fit in nicely in the 20k space in Fantasyland.

Ooooh - just had a thought while i was typing this... How about an audio-animatronic Walt Disney that hosts a Disney Trivia game? The audience could participate / answer via hand held things (similar to WWTBAM). I'm sure with the technology that's available these days, this could happen! If there was a merchandise shop at the exit (like there is with many other attractions), they could sell the Disney Trivial Pursuit, Disney Scene It, Disney Trivia books, etc. etc.

PixiePrincess
11-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Sounds Dangerous

tiggerbuddy
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Pooh's thoughtful spot....:ack:

tiggerbuddy
02-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Pooh's thoughtful spot .....:ack:

goofy78
02-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Sounds Dangerous is an excellent candidate, as is Tomorrowland Speedway. If they wanted to keep the speedway, I think a makeover into a "Cars" theme would be a great idea.....imho.

very nice idea! the speedway gave me a lot of memories growing up and i know that it will do the same for many more. i loved it as a kid and have come to be able to live without it as an adult. and kids today will love it and grow to dislike as they get older. i guess this is just the natural order of things. however, i could see a change in the theme as an improvement! i will have to join the masses and say that sounds dangerous should get the boot!

DixieBelle
02-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Sounds Dangerous should go! :ack:

alilprincessmom99
02-13-2009, 09:14 AM
I have to agree with dumping Sounds Dangerous. We did the attraction once, and have never felt the need to do it again.

As far as the speedway is concerned, a nice Cars overlay would be inexpensive and would make the attraction more current.

Just my 2 cents.

Mousemates
02-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Many a pirate's boot has trod upon this slip of land. And many's the adventure begun here. Keep your wits about you in your travels on the island, for there's treasure and danger here in equal measure. X Marks the spot you seek. Good luck, matey!

With due respect to the many pirates who have trod this hallowed ground...Tom Sawyers island could certainly be more than it is.

WDW_Obsessed
02-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I personally feel they should get rid of Sounds Dangerous:ack:Just the thought of sitting through it makes me ancy!

I also think that updating the Speedway with a Cars theme would be a fantastic idea!:thumbsup:And as much as I have always enjoyed the Backlot Tour, I wouldn't mind seeing an update...

Septbride2002
02-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Rumours are that Poohs playful spot will make way for a new Little Mermaid E-ticket attraction opening in 2011…….

:(

I love Pooh's Playful Spot. It is a great place to let my little toddler down so she can run around in a safe place that I can easily keep an eye on her. Not to mention we usually grab a snack and a cold soda and have a nice little rest while she plays. I honestly think this is one of those little treasures that is under rated and I always tell people going to Disney with little ones (under the age of 6) to look for this place as a good place to let kids run around and play.

I'm not a fan of Pooh's Adventure, Stitch's Great Escape, Monster's Laugh Floor. Pooh's Playful Spot is a waste of space - I understand it's a fun place for toddlers and to give the parents a few minutes peace, but why spend $$$$$ for kids to play on a playset??

I'm not spending money for my kid to play ona playset - but have you ever taken a toddler to disney? You can't let them down and walk when it is really crowded because you will lose them, and kids don't like to be in strollers all day long. Pooh's thought spot gives them a space to run around and get that out of their system so that they will then sit in a stroller for a bit and behave.

~Amanda

Goofster
02-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Sounds Dangerous could use an update - maybe back to the original attraction that used to be there.

As for the Tomorrowland Speedway and a Cars overlay -NO!! Two Pixar attractions in Tomorrowland and the Stich thing is more than enough. Tomorrowland should be what it sounds like and what it was...sci-fi like attractions about the future and/or future technology...not cartoon-based fantasies (Buzz, Monsters, Inc., and Stitch). :ack:

ThanxForNoticin
02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
As for the Tomorrowland Speedway and a Cars overlay -NO!! Two Pixar attractions in Tomorrowland and the Stich thing is more than enough. Tomorrowland should be what it sounds like and what it was...sci-fi like attractions about the future and/or future technology...not cartoon-based fantasies (Buzz, Monsters, Inc., and Stitch). :ack:

It's been discussed before, but I really agree they could update the Speedway, overlay the CARS theme, and also introduce future technology. The automotive technology is changing more now than it has in decades - why not introduce electric race cars, or some other form of new high-tech cars? It sounds like a perfect fit for Tomorrowland. I still enjoy the Speedway, but it can be improved on.