PDA

View Full Version : Is Boma a good place for a birthday dinner?

wjrhw
10-31-2008, 03:08 PM
I wanted to take DW somewhere for dinner on her birthday. It would be Myself, DW, DD7, DM & DSF. We always wanted to try Boma after walking through the great smelling lobby at dinner time on past visits, but I have a couple of questions;

Do they do anything special for birthdays?

Is the variety of food such that even a picky eater will find something they like?

Faver
10-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Boma is not my favorite, :sick: and I'm not a picky eater. However, most people LOVE Boma.... I'm in the minority. We took our party of 8 there last time we were in WDW.... some of us liked it, others didn't. Fortunately, they do have a variety of items on the buffet.

I can say, that the Frunch Juice (a mixture of fresh fruit juices) is delicious... It's served at breakfast, but you can request it for dinner.

Enjoy:mickey:

PlutoPlanet
10-31-2008, 04:48 PM
We love Boma. It is our favorite restaurant on property. There is food for all ages; our DD has liked Boma since she was 5. She's now 12. They have Prime Rib for people who don't want to try the African inspired dishes.

I don't know what they do for birthdays.

jillluvsdisney
10-31-2008, 07:45 PM
We went there for my Mother's birthday last year. All the Cm hosts at the podium signed a Happy Birthday card for her in their native languages. They also brought a special desert to the table for her and sang. When you make your ADR (for where ever you wind up), tell them if you are celebrating a special event.

SBETigg
10-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Boma's a lot of fun for the food, low on atmosphere. But the atmosphere at AKL in general makes up for it, and there is a drum group that helps keep up the liveliness. So many great foods to try. And if you have picky eaters, there is a table of more familiar things like chicken fingers, macaroni, spaghetti.