PDA

View Full Version : Another dining dress code question!

prttynpnk
10-31-2008, 11:12 AM
I just read thru the office casual details for dining, but I didn't see anything about shoes- I can't face the parks with anything but sneakers- does anyone know if thats a problem? We have ressies for Narcosees right before MVMCP next month.

Figment!
10-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Although an example of appropriate footwear is not addressed, footwear is addressed in the "Not permitted" section.

From Disney Restuarant Dress Codes (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/dresscodes/default.asp)
Attire not permitted by this dress code is:
• Hats
• Swimsuits
• Swimsuit cover-up's
• Tank tops
• Torn clothing
• Flip-flops Thus, any non-torn footwear other than flip-flops would be permitted by the Business Casual Dress code.

henry.james.s
10-31-2008, 12:03 PM
A nice pair of tennies is cool :thumbsup:

Ksmith75
10-31-2008, 12:10 PM
I always wear flip flops and tennis shoes while at disney. I do have a nice pair of beaded healed flip flops - but I didnt want to wear them to narcosees...just in case...so I wore sandals...and ofcourse every other women in there had on nice clothes and not so nice flip flops...oh well...

BraddyB
10-31-2008, 12:43 PM
We were there a couple weeks ago and my wife wore a nice pair of sandals and no questions were asked. I think its more of HOW you present yourself than if you have on flip flops or sandals.

Natazu
10-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Not a problem. A nice pair of sneakers is perfectly acceptable. Narcoossee's isn't exactly "convenient to parking", you'll want to be comfortable.

prttynpnk
11-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Well, thank you all-
MUch as I hate to wear sneakers with almost dressy clothes, I know I can't go thru the parks in anything else without my husband having to listen to much whining the next day! :blush:

TheRustyScupper
11-03-2008, 03:45 PM
1) With the exception of V&A, don't worry about dress codes.
2) Regardless what is posted, WDW doesn't enforce dress codes.
3) Even for "signature" restaurants.

NOTE: This is just one of the reasons we only patronize two Disney-owned eateries. If we pay big bucks for a "signature" restaurants, we want good food, good service and good ambiance. With some of the outfits that WDW allows, it totally wrecks the ambiance for us.

Goes4FastPass
11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
1) With the exception of V&A, don't worry about dress codes.
2) Regardless what is posted, WDW doesn't enforce dress codes.
3) Even for "signature" restaurants.

NOTE: This is just one of the reasons we only patronize two Disney-owned eateries. If we pay big bucks for a "signature" restaurants, we want good food, good service and good ambiance. With some of the outfits that WDW allows, it totally wrecks the ambiance for us.

We enjoy signature restaurants at WDW but our expectations are 3 day beards, white sneakers, character t-shirts, ball caps turned backward and shorts worn with the waist somewhere just above the knees - and the men dress funny also.

And kids. Lots of kids. Ya gotta love kids.

Tink#64
11-03-2008, 11:53 PM
We enjoy signature restaurants at WDW but our expectations are 3 day beards, white sneakers, character t-shirts, ball caps turned backward and shorts worn with the waist somewhere just above the knees - and the men dress funny also.

And kids. Lots of kids. Ya gotta love kids.

:silly: That was a good one! I agreee! At WDW I expect fun, anticipate great times and try to enjoy everything! :thumbsup: You're at WDW - it's all good! :D