PDA

View Full Version : Snack credits

DIppy Dawg
10-31-2008, 10:46 AM
We are leaving in 19 days for our trip!!!!! Last time we noticed that in the resort food court (Pop Century) you could use your snack credits for things like a bag/box ofa dozen donuts. We got a box every couple of days and had breakfast!! Is this still possible or have they changed the rules?

Seasonscraps
10-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I am not 100% sure but I think they changed the rules so that only single servings are eligible for snack credit use.

laprana
10-31-2008, 11:11 AM
I am not 100% sure but I think they changed the rules so that only single servings are eligible for snack credit use.

Yes, you're correct! The 2008 DDP has more strict rules for snack credits. You can only use the credits on items that are under $4.00 AND are only single serving. Anything that says on the back that it is more than one serving is not eligible as a snack, so you probably can't use your credits for boxes of donuts and things like that. I tried to use a snack credit on a candy bar during our June '08 trip, and because it was 2 pieces (2 little Mickey-shaped coconut patties) it was considered 2 servings, so I couldn't get it as a snack. It seems that there's some inconsistency, though, from shop to shop, so what you might not be able to get as a snack at one place, you might be able to at another. Never hurts to ask, just to be sure! :thumbsup:

Disney fans..
10-31-2008, 11:11 AM
We are also leaving in 19 days!!!! WooHoo..

mdhiggin
10-31-2008, 12:48 PM
The Pop food court had a lot of items labeled in the refrigerators and by the cash registers as snack or dessert option to help with the confusion. We had never used the dining plan before so it really helped.

danicafan
10-31-2008, 12:56 PM
So I'm guessing we won't be able to use our Snack Credits for the Mickey Mouse suckers that we bring home to classmates.

TBY2225
10-31-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't know about the suckers, but we were able in September to get the Mickey and Princess bag of coins in Goofy's Candy Co in DTD with our snack credits to give to the kids in my DD's class. So that might be an option. Yes, the box of doughnuts are not longer included, but we were able to find lots of single serve things to share anyway!

1EeyoreFan
11-03-2008, 07:50 PM
I was told yes to the Mickey suckers and no to the box of donuts at ASMusic when I was trying to use up the remainder of our snack credits.

DIppy Dawg
11-04-2008, 11:09 AM
We are also leaving in 19 days!!!! WooHoo..

Where are you leaving from and what time, we could convoy!!!!!

I see that you have been in November before. Have they all been at this time and if so how are the crowds? Thanks.

Belster
11-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Just got back last Sunday from Pop. You may not use your snack credit for a box of donuts. We tryed and were told to put it back. They do have a very nice list of items located at the back of the food court that you can choose from.

As for the suckers if you mean the chocolate rice crispy treats yes you may use your snack credit for those still.

Enjoy your trip.