PDA

View Full Version : Double Checking Rental Car Reservation

henry.james.s
10-30-2008, 08:23 PM
I made my rental car reservation with Dollar this past July for my December trip. I re-checked the rates a few times since and they were higher. Today I checked again and found a rate for the same size car and time frame that was aprox $80 less overall.
So if you've made car ressies a while back you may want to doublecheck you may save some $$$.

Beast_fanatic
10-30-2008, 09:12 PM
This is a good tip. I always check mine repeatedly (including looking at other companies) all the way up until I leave for my trip as you can sometimes get some very good last minute specials. Also, I have found that it usually works best to cancel your original ressie and book new again rather than to try to modify the original reservation.

faline
10-31-2008, 12:47 PM
I continue to check after I've made car rental reservations. If I see a better price, I just make a new reservation and cancel the original one.

angelat
11-10-2008, 01:12 PM
I ALWAYS do this!:thumbsup: The first time my DS and I went to FL to visit family I saved over $100 on the total weekly rate of a compact car by using discount codes and checking on pricing all the way up until we left. I did the same thing made a new ressie and cancled the old one. In that order of course.