PDA

View Full Version : Concierge experiences

TikiGoddess
10-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi all,

On our next trip we will be staying concierge level for the first time! It's not normally a part of our trip but I won the trip and it includes club level. I'm very excited and would love to hear stories from other people's concierge experiences... good and bad.... from WL or others... great CMs... food experiences... special surprises...

Kathy

mickeys_princess_mom
10-30-2008, 08:22 PM
I can't wait to read these--first time for me too, soon. Got an e-mail from "our" concierge this evening--I'm so excited! Anybody have specific names of concierges you've had who were wonderful?
:cloud9:

DawsonAR
10-31-2008, 10:04 AM
We were at the Poly club level in January. It was wonderful. We had such a wonderful time and the offerings were perfect. We were hooked. We already had a booking for WL Club Level in April. We tried to change it to the Poly since we loved it so much but the Poly was booked.
The April trip was OK but nothing compared to the Poly. There were many times there were no sodas to be had. The evening offerings were basically the same every night and the CM's were not very friendly. However, overall, we had a nice time.
We will return sometime in 2009 or 2010 and we will book Poly club level again. The experience compared to our previous trips was so much better and more relaxing.
Have Fun!

TammiMcMan
10-31-2008, 07:32 PM
We've done club level off and on for the past 10 years. Unfortunately, like many things, it's not what it used to be. The level of service you receive is not consistent, but instead, is based on the dedication and interest level of your pre-planning staff. I think that's why you'll see some reports of great stays and others who were disappointed at the same resort.

Not all resort club levels are created equal. Some have much smaller lounges and food areas are only open during very specific times. Other resorts have much larger lounges and you can access them at any time. Some feel cozier and more personal, while others are spread out and feel more professional.

I hope you enjoy your stay and congrats on the win.

Tinkerbellfan
11-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Hello,

We have stayed at the WL club/concierge level twice and enjoyed our stayed both times. We have found the breakfast offerings to be varied enough to have breakfast there 4 to 5 mornings during our 7 night stays. We found it great to be able to grab fruit, cereal, coffees, lattes, yogurt or pasteries/bagels before heading out to the parks.

We also enjoyed the lattes, juices and snacks throughout the day throughout our trip.

And, we very much enjoyed the appetizers and hot offerings before headed to the parks in the evening and a quick glass of wine or beer. And, it was a great treat coming back each night for cordials and dessert - loved the berry cobbler!

Please let me know if you have any specific questions!

javamama
11-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Congrats on the great score, sweet! We stayed at the Poly's Princess Suite last April, and loved it. We have a huge party, and this specific room accomodates us, so the club level is the added bonuses. Honestly we'd never stay anywhere else, the offerings were great. Lunch time/afternoon snack is the worst of it but gummy sharks, and PB&J make my 5 yo a very happy guy so that makes me a happy mama:thumbsup: We had a few minor requests before our arrival that were all met, it was great. We were also in the smaller building at the Poly so we had a stocked fridge w/drinks, which is great for us with the kids, and 8 adults in the room. Our host was very good to us, and brought us cocktails/beer everyday so we didn't need to head over to the other building. He also left snacks for us every night when he went home for the day, and the variety changed daily. He did change some resturant bookings, book the pirate and princess party as well. He was right upstairs from us, and was awsome. I still email him for imput for our trip next April, we have a great relationship with him---and I think he's over at the WL also part time:D

MinnieMommie
11-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Not all resort club levels are created equal. Some have much smaller lounges and food areas are only open during very specific times. Other resorts have much larger lounges and you can access them at any time. Some feel cozier and more personal, while others are spread out and feel more professional.

Please share details on the differences among the various conceirge levals you have experienced. I am interested in your thoughts.

Kathy: I am so excited for you!! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
11-04-2008, 12:05 AM
MinnieMommie

I can give you a little bit of a breakdown on each:

AKL ~ nice, big, open lounge that looks down upon the main lobby. Unfortunately no savannah views though. Probably one of the better dessert offerings and they're 1 of only 2 concierge resorts that offer an afternoon tea service.

BC ~ offers one of the smallest lounges. They don't keep the lounge open 24/7, only during specific food service hours. Between 7am and 10pm, if the doors are closed, a CM can go in and bring you back a cold drink.

BWI ~ lounge still on the small side, compared to some of the others. Great view of Illuminations and the Boardwalk. Has a more adult feel to it.

CR ~ 2 concierge levels available in the tower. The Tower Club has mainly suites and just a few standard club level rooms. It makes for very personalized service and an almost exclusive feel to the lounge. The Atrium Club is fairly new and the lounge overlooks the Magic Kingdom.

GF ~ 2 concierge levels available, one in the main building, the other in an outer lodge. The outer lodge feels more like a bed & breakfast. The lounge has recently been re-done and offers more seating now. No views from the lounge in the lodge. Main building has a big, airy lounge that overlooks the lobby below. Staff is located on a different floor, which I think takes some of the personal feel away. Food offerings are typically more varied and a little higher level. I think this is the only one that serves champagne and along with the AKL, it also offers afternoon tea.

Poly ~ 2 concierge buildings, one for standard club level rooms, the other for suites. Hawaii is the main concierge building and has a beautiful, open lounge. Great Wishes view. Like the GF, the food offerings are alittle higher level and if Chef Dick is around, he prepares some of the food right in the lounge, in front of guests.

WL ~ added a lounge to their club level just a few years ago. Seating outside the lounge is around the balcony which looks down upon the lobby. The lounge closes up when it's not during food service hours. A CM can go in and get you a drink if it's closed for cleaning or setting up for the next food service.

YC ~ another small lounge that's only open during food service hours. The balcony overlooks the parking lot. Sorry, not a lot of good things to say about this one as our experience was a bit disappointing. The 3 Epcot resorts have historically had the best pre-planning staff though (most consistent, most helpful and friendly).

MinnieMommie
11-04-2008, 10:29 PM
This is very helpful Tammi. We have a DVC trip planned for Jan and are thinking of adding on a couple of more days at a resort with concierge level room. We might use points at AKL if we can get the conceirge. Your AKL review sounds great for AKL! Do you know what are the concierge level hrs are at AKL...are they open all day?

TammiMcMan
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Do you know what are the concierge level hrs are at AKL...are they open all day?Club level is open daily from 7am to 10pm. Those are the same hours regardless of which deluxe resort you choose. The differences come with the breakdown of food offerings and when some of the lounges shut their doors.

For example, most resorts offer the following:
6:30am - 7am coffee service
7am - 10:30am continental breakfast
11am - 4pm snacks
5pm - 7pm cheese & crackers, light appetizers
8pm - 10pm cordials and miniature desserts

The AKL is slightly different:
11am - 1:30pm snacks
2pm - 4pm afternoon tea

The lounge at the AKL is an open design, so you can go in and sit any time you want. The staff and snacks are only there during the hours I stated above.

MinnieMommie
11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Nice offerings at AKL. I like the afternoon tea. Do they have scones? Does the lounge have a TV (flat screen) and reading materials or maybe board games? :mickey:

TikiGoddess
06-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Can you get bottled water/drinks to take with you from the concierge lounge?

Kathy

mouseketeer mom
06-24-2009, 09:26 PM
We've stayed AKL/Club, BC/Club, and of course, Polynesian, Club level. The Poly has blown the doors off of our other stays. We now return again and again. The offerings, the staff, the views are all top notch. The BC felt small and limited and cold, Our room at AKL was about a mile from the lounge. Not easy to use at all. The Poly is perfect.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
06-24-2009, 09:36 PM
We have done the BWI club level our last 6 trips. We are hooked. The staff is amazing and bend over backwards to get everything you need. They have become like family.
The lounge isn't too big but, very inviting. The breakfast danishes and breads are from the bakery downstairs. Also, the wonderful desserts are made from there as well. We had 2 of our teenage nephews last fall and they would ask them what they wer hungry for and have it the next evening for them. You can have all the beverages, food or whatever to take back to your room to snack on. We usually took ours back to the room to snack and relax. They filled our fridge w/ Sodas and junk food for the boys. We don't drink but, we could have beer anytime if we asked as well. They encouraged us to take water w/ us to the parks and had our fridge stocked w/ cold ones everyday. We really appreciated this!
We will always stay here and we love the location of the BWI.
Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

TammiMcMan
06-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Can you get bottled water/drinks to take with you from the concierge lounge?Yes, but as an FYI, the water is in large glass bottles. They did away with the individual plastic bottles a few years ago.

They filled our fridge w/ Sodas and junk food for the boys.I did want to point out that this isn't something that's commonly done. There are just some CM's that either have more time to do this, or go the extra mile.

TikiGoddess
07-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes, but as an FYI, the water is in large glass bottles. They did away with the individual plastic bottles a few years ago.

So I assume you can fill your own water bottles to bring with you to the park?

Also, are juice boxes usually available for the kids? And can we put some snacks in ziplocs to take with us to the park?

Kathy

TammiMcMan
07-18-2009, 04:33 PM
So I assume you can fill your own water bottles to bring with you to the park?Yes. You can ask the lounge staff and they'll usually give you a few bottles to take back to your room.

Also, are juice boxes usually available for the kids? And can we put some snacks in ziplocs to take with us to the park?Some of the club levels do have juice boxes and milks in the fridge, but not all of them. And yes, feel free to take a few things back to your room, or into the park with you as a snack.