PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Candy Recalled

goofy for pluto
10-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I wanted to post this as I thought many of you may be dressing as Pirates this halloween and may have bought some coins for your loot .

HALLOWEEN CANDY RECALLED

There is a new warning put out by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency....Sherwood brand Pirate's Gold Milk Chocolate coins are being recalled due to the fact that they contain Melamine, the ingredient in milk product that has caused many infant deaths in china. These candies are sold at Costco, as well as many bulk and dollar stores. Please make sure to check your childrens halloween candy and DO NOT LET THEM EAT THE PIRATE COINS (you know the ones wrapped in the shiny gold foil) and please let other parents know about this!

This is confirmed by Snopes.Com http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/coins.asp

LittleRoosMommy
10-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info!! I'll definitely check my daughter's candy carefully tomorrow!!

Stitchahula
10-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks I know if there were any in my sons bag he would gobble them up pretty quick so I'll have to be quicker on the checking.

LauraleeH
10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Tonight on the news they were saying some of the candy from China that they sell at Target could possibly be dangerous. I don't think there have been any recalls yet...but it's good to know about the coins! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
10-30-2008, 08:07 PM
This is why I stick with well known brand name candy, like M&M Mars and Nestle and Hershey stuff. Whenever I see that "no name" candy, no matter WHERE it came from, I toss it immediately. I am so nervous about eating that stuff...

My son came home from preschool with a goodie bag today with some generic looking gummy witch in it. It had no brand and no company name on it, so into the trash it went. If I can't identify it, I don't feed it to my kids. If there ends up being a recall later, how do you know what brand it was?

thrillme
10-31-2008, 06:05 PM
I agree I try to stick with namebrand candy (although technically I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ingredients are also made in China).

I really wish there was a way to boycott ALL food products from China. But unfortnately you really just don't know...like in the case of some of the "pet food". The product was made here in the US but "some" of the tainted ingredients were shipped from China.

The US could come down and say NO MORE FOOD PRODUCTS from China. (I'd love to say no more anything but even some of the "best boycotters realizd this is very hard). But at least we should be able to say NO to food.

The unbelievable thing is when the Chinese government finds the guilty people they can be put to death.