PDA

View Full Version : NJ Girls 2008 Vacation Day 7

NJGIRL
10-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Universal IOA

First we had a breakfast at Chef Mickeys at my nephews request. He didn't want to go to BOMA but wanted a Disney buffet breakfast so this is what fit into our schedule. We had been here before a couple of times and it had always been good so we went for it. Our ADR was at 9:30 and we were seated immediately. The kids refused to pose with the characters (surprise surprise) so my husband did. They were very nice and didn't push the boys into posing. While I found the selection to be great just like it was in our previous visits I didn't think the food was that great. I was OK but not great. Both types of potatoes that I had were a little undercooked and nothing was hot it was just warm. The breakfast wasn't horrible but just not worth $110 dollars for the four of us especially since the kids had no interest in the characters. We were done before 10:00 and off the IOA

Since this is a Disney site I will make this part brief. We went on Spiderman (10 min waits) four times. It is truly a great ride. My nephew did the Hulk with a 15 min wait. My son and nephew did Storm with no wait. We did the Popeye River Raft Ride (no wait) and if you don't wear a poncho you will get soaked through your underwear on this. We did the Jurassic Park Ride (10 min wait) and my son and nephew played the the Jurassic Park "water park" for about an hour.

We stopped and had lunch at a counter service which was sooooooooo slow but pretty good. My nephew then did Dualing Dragons (both sides with a 15 min wait each). The boys wanted to go over to the talking fountain which is a blast and we ended up being there for about 30 mins.

We did the Lost Continent show which I have seen many times but still enjoy very much. It's actually one of my favorite shows.

We had 6:00 reservations at the Hard Rock Cafe so we started walking over. We got there at 5:45. It was mobbed so I ask the girl at the desk if we would be seated sooner with our 6:00 reservation or our HR Front of the Line Card. She laughed and told me the card and called a hostess over to take us to a table so we got to bypass everyone. I highly recommend the card if you plan on eating there or even buying things in their store. It's $25 and they automatically put $20 back on your card and for every $200 you spend you get $10 put on your card that can be used for food, meals or tickets. Anyway I had the Haystack Salad (which I had before). This salad is one of my favorite salads because it has spicey pecans on it. After dinner we headed back to our condo.

DizNee143
10-30-2008, 11:59 AM
i felt the same way about chef mickeys..we went there for breakfast on oct 6th..and it was just ok..i think its losing its touch..next time i think we will be skipping it..and i also agree about the food only being warm...if that..lol..
sounds like you all had a great day at universal!

January-2007
10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the trip report. :mickey:

faline
10-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Another nice day (even if you didn't spend it at Disney!)

pdrlkr
10-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

goofy for pluto
11-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Chef Mickey's has never impressed me that much.
Thanks for your report! :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:35 AM
I agree about Chef Mickey's - i really didnt like the experience- Cape may is 100% better

NJGIRL
11-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I agree about Chef Mickey's - i really didnt like the experience- Cape may is 100% better

We had always liked the food at Chef Mickey's and always recommended it to others so I don't know what the problem was this time around. We also like Cape May more but that had always been because it was a quietier place.
I guess my major problem with the breakfast buffets now is that the kids have no interest in the characters and I don't like the fact that we are going and hoping everyone is so hungry and will eat enough to get our money's worth.