PDA

View Full Version : GF, WL or AK for Christmas

Lillex
10-30-2008, 06:29 AM
These three resorts still have availability for Dec 24-Dec 28 (4 nights).

The prices are $2800 for GF, $2200 for WL Courtyard View and $1800 Standard View at AK. I am really leaning towards the GF but it is a lot more money but then again it is Christmas.

What would you do?? Has anyone spent Christmas Day at any of these resorts??

Tinkerbellfan
10-30-2008, 07:35 AM
The WL is very magical during Christmastime. We stayed there during December last year and the decorations are so magical. The lobby is breathtaking. We also visited the GF and AKL. GF is very beautifully decorated too. I would say the AKL was the least festive out of these 3 resorts. I would say it is truly a toss up between GF and WL. And, with savings of $600 I would go with WL and treat myself to a few very nice meals at the GF restaurants!

Lillex
10-30-2008, 08:00 AM
There is also concierge at WL for a few hundred more dollars. What about this vs garden view GF?

wifey5794
10-30-2008, 08:46 AM
GF for Christmas is my favorite place to be!

TheRustyScupper
10-30-2008, 08:52 AM
1) From first hand experience, WL spends a lot of time on decorations.
2) But, the GF is positively gorgeous at Christmas time.
3) If we eliminate cost differences, take GF.
4) If cost is an issue, WL is a good alternative.

pox24
10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
No contest... The Wilderness Lodge.. It is awesome and warms the heart.

SBETigg
10-30-2008, 09:18 AM
I think the GF is well worth it, and it's beautiful. I would spend the extra. It's sooo easy to zip back and forth between the MK and the GF and not much more to transfer monorails and get to Epcot. But if you would be just as happy at another resort with a big cost savings, that's something to consider.

Mackflava99
10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
WL is really cool at Christmas-

They do a great job setting it up-

Make sure you go visit Stan in the lobby and take the WL tour-

snuggs30
10-30-2008, 09:36 AM
WL is awesome, so is GF, but me i would rather save some money to spend on something else! So i would go with WL:thumbsup:

Figaro
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Either resort truly is beautiful. I'm partial to WL. I'd often take the long way between walking places at WL when I was working to go thru the lobby and see all the decorations. WL has that true Christmas feel to it that I'm used to. GF however is also a beautiful resort. I've only been there once during Christmas and even still is was awesome. Personally, I'd say take WL and use the savings from not going to GF to treat yourselfs to a Christmas dinner. :) :mickey:

dtootsie42
10-30-2008, 01:41 PM
WL and GF do a beautiful job during the holidays. My in-laws stayed at the WL during the holidays and it was simply awesome. I would go with the WL and with the extra money saved do something truly special. :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
10-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I would pick the WL anyday for Christmastime without a doubt. The decor is beautiful...Have never stayed there, but we've been there plenty of times just walk around, or have a meal. It is really great!