PDA

View Full Version : Q re: towncar svc. to MK / from AK??

Dsnygirl
10-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Okay, I'm probably pushing my limits here, but I'm scheduled w/ QuickSilver for my January vacation -- which is short, and time is at a premium. So, since I'm getting in in the evening, I was thinking of having them scoot me directly to MK so I can try to catch "Wishes" and shop Main St. for a bit before heading to DTD to meet friends.

I'm also planning on being picked up at AK for my return trip home, as it's in the morning, and that gives me a few hours at AK w/o having to go back to the resort and check-out.

So -- my question -- my flight gets in at 7:20pm, weather permitting. "Wishes" is at 8pm. One, do you think I can make it, straight there from the airport, carry-ons only? And if so, where do towncars get to drop their passengers off at MK? Would I have to go to the TTC, or can they drop me off where the buses are? And if they can drop me off close, will I be able to get in right at 8pm to see "Wishes", since Main St. stays open for a bit after, or will I not be able to get in?

(and nobody laugh at me... I just LOVE seeing the castle after I arrive!! :blush:)

brian2000boston
10-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Sounds aggresive, i really don't know the answer but wanted to wish you luck!

Piglet822
10-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Not to be the party pooper here but I seriously doubt it. Even if you only have carryons you still need to get to the main terminal from the gate area, then to the lower level to meet the driver, then it's a 25 - 30 minute ride to WDW.
The towncar would have to drop you off at TTC so you'd then have to take the ferry or monorail over to MK.

WDWdriver
10-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Sorry, but there's just no way you can make it. After your flight arrives you will have to take the airport train into the main terminal, then meet your driver. From there it's a 30 to 40 minute trip to WDW. At WDW, your driver will have to drop you at the TTC. You can't be dropped at the MK bus stops. So you will then have to take either the ferry or the monorail over to MK. I would guess your arrival time at the turnstiles at about 9:15.

Dsnygirl
10-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Thanks guys -- that's the input I was looking for. I forgot about the tram to the main terminal, and I had a feeling I'd have to go to the TTC... so I guess I'll just head to DTD after I check-in and re-group, and make a quick trip over to MK in the morning to see the castle before we hit Epcot.

Thanks so much -- I really appreciate it!! :thanks: