PDA

View Full Version : Logan's trip that almost wasn't day 4 aka Rainy Epcot day

Bethis26fan
10-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Rainy Epcot Day. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/Disney%2008/disney554.jpgWe had had pretty good weather up till this day and IKE had some rain bands coming across. Now Emily and I have never been to Epcot when it has not rained. So even before the trip we kept saying it was going to rain on that day, and it did so at least we were ready for it. We got up and a quick breakfast in the room of pop tarts and off we go. Logan had been wanting to see Nemo since before we got there. So we told him we were going and he was going to get to ride nemo and he was set. He had to have a map so he could find nemo. First off was soaring Logan saw it on the video and wanted to fly like Peter Pan. So we jump on it when he said it. The line was very short and so in no time at all we were in flight. Logan loved it, but he was ready for nemo. So out we go to nemo and rode it and then we did turtle talk with crush. That was a first for me it was a really cute show. We did a little in there before heading out to the world show case. I think the heat was starting and pace of the week was starting to get to all of us. Even with taking breaks. We went to innovations and Club Cool for a little bit.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/Disney%2008/Disney233.jpg Logan was kind of whinny at times and I was sick of the heat so we figured we get some lunch and see how we felt. We got the nachos in Mexico and split them and enjoyed eating out by the water. After that we went to ride with Donald and friends. This kind of rejuvenated Logan some and we looked around a little before the next stop. We walked around and looked in the different shops and went in to the shops at china and bought some Candy and different items. We spent a good bit of time in there. When we came out it was pouring, with thunder and the whole deal. So out come the ponchos. We then set off for France to get a pastry. Emily went in to get them while I stood with Logan under the ledge trying to stay dry. We didn't know there were tables inside till Emily came out. So we went in stripped off the ponchos trying not to make a huge mess with the water on them. By then I'm freezing because the air is on, and I had lost about 18 lbs before the trip and even more in inches so my poncho was to big and wasn't helping much with the water so I was soaked.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/Disney%2008/Disney230.jpg So I went back in real quick for some hot chocolate which warmed me up. It had stopped raining so we got a bag and put the ponchos in it so we didn't have try to get them in the bags they came in. After this we were back to walking around. We stopped in the UK and shopped some and Logan wanted a soccer ball. This year he played soccer for the first time. So we let him get the small one once we were done in there it was raining again. So back out come the ponchos and we head to our early dinner ADR we had at Le Cellier. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/Disney%2008/Disney239.jpgThe food was good the services wasn't it was the lowest tip we left all week. Our waiter just didn't want to wait on us it was like pulling teeth to get drink orders, the food and so on. When he brought the check to us then he finally wanted to be nice, a little to late. When we were done we took Logan to see the water fall. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Bethis/Disney%2008/Disney238.jpgWe were going to step on the steps there to take his picture and another CM was like there's nothing up there for you to see. Ok I didn't want to see anything I was stepping up one step to take a picture of my nephew, but anyway with out the picture we got out of Canada. That was just kind the end to or rainy epcot day by then I was just ready to go back to the room. We had been to all the countries and shopped and rode rides so we had done what we wanted. People in general where crabby, and I was getting that way really quick after 2 rude cm's in a row. So we hit mouse gears and did a little shopping where we ran in to the nicest cm and she changed my mood back to good and we talked with her I know 15-20 mins. She was talking with Logan about his pins and telling him not to trade the tinkerbell one that one of the cast members gave him at DHS. He told her he was going to give it to his sister Abby when he got home because she didn't get to come. She looked at us and we told her that his sister was only 2 1/2 months old which is why she didn't get to come. So she gave Logan another Tinkerbell pin so he could give it to Abby so he could keep his. I think Logan told her everything about each one of his pins where he got them and everything. She was real good with him. Sometimes unless your around him it's hard to understand him, he just a little behind in his speech. She never let it bother her when she was sure what he said she looked to us we told her and she picked right back up on the conversation. This is one of the CM that gave him a free pin and not the one for Abby. lol one off her lanyard. It was sweet of her the way she was with him. Again I wish I would have took a picture of him with her. After we had picked up a few more gifts for home including a Little Mermaid Trinket box for Abby (because she has red hair and Abby has red hair) we were off for the resort. We swam a lot that night and still had to drag Logan out of the pool. I think we could have saved the money on park tickets and kept him in the pool and he would be happy. lol which is really funny because he was dead set he wasn't getting in that big pool when we got there. Then it was showers and bed because tomorrow was our last day in the parks.

With the rain and everything we didn't take a lot of pictures this day.

January-2007
10-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks so much for reporting! :mickey:

yjgirl32
10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Sounds like a pretty nice day and it got to end on a positive cm. Thanks for sharing.

goofy for pluto
10-30-2008, 12:59 PM
What a nice memory for you to have such a great CM to change your mood.
Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

faline
10-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Disney World is such a busy vacation, i'ts no wonder you're tired and a bit crabby as you get close to the end of it! Poor service and rain don't do a lot to help moods either!

Logan has really blossomed on this trip!

tinkerbell04
10-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Sounds like Logan is really enjoying his trip!

Beach Club Babe
10-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry about the 2 rude cm's, but the rest of your day sounded pretty darn good!

pdrlkr
10-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

laward32
11-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Other than IKE and the two CM's, sounded like a pretty good day. I always look at it, as long as the kids had fun, I don't care about anything else. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:27 AM
what a great report- loved the pix too- is good to see a CM mentioned too!!