PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at the Crystal Palace

rmsongs
10-29-2008, 08:31 PM
I made reservations for the Character Breakfast at the Crystal Palace in a couple weeks. I've never had breakfast in the park, so I'm wondering how that works. Our reservation is for 8:15: What time should we plan to get to the park and where do we go in? Do they let you in through the turnstiles? Do you have to show proof that you have a reservation? We've never done breakfast, so this is all new to me. Also, we're staying at CSR and we'll be driving to the TTC to catch the monorail. How early should we get there? Or should we take the ferry? HELP!!!!!:confused:

KatMark
10-29-2008, 09:09 PM
We drive all the time to the Magic Kingdom from the CSR. It takes about 15 minutes. I would leave the CSR at 7:30ish which will get you to the MK around 7:45 or 7:50 (figuring in parking time). You will not need to take the tram because you will be close in parking. You can walk to the ferry/monorail. I would take whichever one comes first (although the monorail is faster, sometimes they sit for several minutes between or at stops--we had this problem several times last month). You will go into the turnstiles on the left I believe. I can't remember if they have a list of names or if you should bring your confirmation paper with you. Hope this helps.

paragon
10-29-2008, 09:28 PM
We did this for the first time, a few weeks ago in September. I had the same questions.
We had 825 res. We got there a little after 8 to allow for the parking. You will get parking right up front, first row, since its early, before regular parking even starts. There were no yellow suited parking attendants when we went. We parked first row, fifth spot and walked to the transportation stations. We took the monorail, and it did stop. First run, brake testing. That delayed us about 10 minutes. When we got to the gates, there is a "Reservations" gate off to the right. ( although it may be a rotating location ). We told the gate attendant we has reservations, showed or room card and we were in. She didn't check a list, or actually look at our cards very closely, which led me to wonder if its just that easy to get in before the park actually opens. It was awesome to be on main Street at 820am and there was barely ( maybe 10 people ) there. We got great photos of empty Main St, the castle with nobody in front and an awesome shot of the train station, entry. ( which I use as my desktop now!
Have fun, enjoy the breakfast, it was very good!

DDuck66
10-31-2008, 02:26 PM
We have been several times before the park opens and it seems to vary. One time the entrance was to the right and once it was on the left. Once they checked our names against a list and the other time they did not. Regardless it was great to be in the park before opening. Great pics with unknown people in the background.