PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Parade

princess0511
10-29-2008, 05:08 PM
We are traveling to Disney Dec 2-10 and were planning on going to the MAgic Kingdom on Dec 6 which is a Saturday. I heard that this is the day the parade is being taped. We have dining reservations and I am wondering if we shoud change them and avoid the Magic Kingdom on this day.

Strmchsr
10-29-2008, 05:47 PM
MK can be pretty nuts on parade taping day. Usually Main St is completely closed off. If your ADR isn't until the evening, though, you should be okay. Parade taping ends 3-4 pm. I've been there 3 times on parade day and every time I regret it.

sorcerer fan
10-29-2008, 06:54 PM
anything from the front of the castle to the train station on tape days is jamb packed from opening to about 3:30. the rest of the park is light or normal traffic. once you're in head out right away and you'll enjoy your day in the park.

TheRustyScupper
10-29-2008, 11:31 PM
1) Main Street is pretty jammed, while the remainder is good.
2) People think they will be on TV.
3) Sure, they might get paned with the camera.
4) But, on-camera families are preselected.
. . . some real families are contacted 2-months ahead of time
. . . AP holders & DVC members get first dibs on close-in tickets
. . . childhood actors also are stationed close-in
. . . cast members are also in "street clothes" close-in

NOTE: WDW hires close to 150 child actors to be part of the parade watchers. They do no want the chance of "real" people or kids causing problems. One year, a child made a gesture that was plainly visible on TV and drew hundreds of letters to the network.