DH 37
DD 4
DD 2
DM
DF
DMIL
DFIL

Where: Wilderness Lodge 10/18 - 10/25

Our trip really began on Friday, 10/17 after we picked up DD4 from school. We had everything packed and ready to leave from there. We then told her that we needed to go meet someone for dinner. We surprised the girls by having dinner with their grandparents, who then just happened to drive to the hotel we were staying at before our early morning flight Saturday. They were so excited to see them, but didn't really catch on to the fact that they had luggage with them and were coming with us!

Saturday morning went so smoothly, we were at the airport with plenty of time to get everyone breakfast and settled before the flight. The girls finally figured out that they were going to WDW and that their grandparents were coming with us! They were so excited!! The flight down was great! We even arrived early!

Off to catch DME. DH was attending a conference off property, so he went to get the rental car while I was getting everyone registered for DME. We finished at the same time and left for the resort at roughly the same time. All in all we were at WL within 1hr of landing at MCO. DH met us there a few minutes after we arrived. We went to check in and stow our luggage and lo and behold 2 of the 3 rooms were ready!!:cloud9: I can't tell you how surprised we were!

So off to get ourselves settled in our rooms and then get lunch! We got to our room first and when we opened the door, I couldn't even believe it! The curtain on our balcony was open and you could see Cinderella's castle from our room! I was super excited and the girls were ecstatic!!! We were expecting a woods view room and got this awesome view of MK!! Can't beat that! Right before we left for lunch, there was a knock on our door. I answered it to find a CM with gifts for our DDs. They were so excited to get something from Mickey and the Gang!

Once we got ourselves together, we headed down to Roaring Forks for a bite to eat. Then off to MK for everyone but my DH. He was off to his conference. We took the launch over to MK and walked into Town Square. It's always such a great feeling to be back. The girls were excited and watching their faces light up when they saw the characters and the castle is priceless. I think their grandparents were even more excited to be with them and watching their expressions!! We ran into Daisy Duck first and the girls got photos and autographs. Then photopass pictures on MainStreet.

By this time, it was close to 2pm and the girls wanted to see the afternoon parade. So, we decided to pick a spot on Main Street to watch the parade. I love watching our DDs faces during the parades! There's nothing quite like seeing Disney through their eyes. This was the first trip that our parents had come with us and the girls. I don't think they saw much of the parade. They were too busy watching the girls watch the parade! LOL

After the parade we wandered back to Fantasyland. We were going to see what we could ride. Unfortunately, the wait times were quite long and we had 5pm ADRs at 'Ohanas for dinner, so we rode the Carosel and played in Pooh's playground for awhile before we headed back towards the monorail.

Once at the Poly, we checked in for our reservation. Unfortunately, DH was running late and they wouldn't seat us until he was there, so we sat in the lounge and watched a little football and just enjoyed the ambiance of the Poly. Once DH arrived, we were seated within 5-10min. This was our first time here and I have to say, it lived up to the expectations!! Our parents are still talking about this meal! We were seated right by the window and could see the castle! DD4 enjoyed the coconut races and the other entertainment!

After dinner, it was back to MK for Spectromagic and Wishes! This is my favorite parade at WDW and it didn't disappoint! My parents hadn't seen this parade yet, and they loved it! Of course our DDs were completely into it! Cinderella evened waved and blew kisses to them! They were so excited! Wishes is one of my favorite fireworks displays! We watched them from Main Street! Wow!! I always end up with tears in my eyes watching these!!

Unfortunately, we were getting tired after our long travel day, so we headed back to WL! We were back home within 10min of leaving the park! Our parents decided to stay and watch the Electric Water Pagent. I guess they had more stamina than the rest of us. LOL Back at the Lodge, we quickly got the girls ready for bed and they were asleep before 10pm.

Our parents came by to thank us for the gift baskets they received in their rooms. We had them sent to thank them for coming with us! What a great first day!

Next up: Breakfast w/ the Princesses in Epcot, MK, & MNSSHP!!

January-2007
10-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Wow, what a completely magical first day! Thanks so much for reporting! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-29-2008, 05:21 PM
What an awesome start to your trip! I can't wait to hear all of the rest :mickey:

goofy for pluto
10-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Excellent first day.
What wonderful memories you are making for your girls! :mickey:

laward32
10-29-2008, 08:13 PM
A great start to a wonderful family trip. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

DizNee143
10-30-2008, 09:12 AM
sounds like a great travel day and first day in the parks..you guys sure did manage to do a decnet amount of stuff today..cant wait to read all about the rest of your trip!! :mickey:

yjgirl32
10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I can't wait my FIL & MIL are going with us on our next trip. This will be their first trip with us. My DS is so excited and it will be great for him. My mom and aunt are going along for a 2nd trip so we will have a grand-gathering. Thanks for sharing.

dtootsie42
10-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Excellent first day. Thanks so very much for sharing!

faline
10-30-2008, 07:28 PM
A totally magcal day! Sharing a trip with parents/grandparents is very very special! Treasure every moment!

tinkerbell04
10-31-2008, 10:46 AM
What an absolutely awesome first day. It all sounds like it was perfect!

pdrlkr
10-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

cer
10-31-2008, 05:27 PM
I just love Ohana's. What a great start to your trip!

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:48 AM
sounds like a perfect start !!

Jennib
11-13-2008, 03:52 PM
great first day!!!