PDA

View Full Version : Nj Girls 2008 Vacation Day 5

NJGIRL
10-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Typoon Lagoon Today

We're at TL by 10:00 and my cousin and his family had already gotten there and snagged a spot under a cabana right next to the wave pool. It was the perfect spot! We did the wave pool, HK (many times 5min wait), all of the slides many many times with no more than a 5 - 10 min wait, the water roller coaster (10 min wait). Lunch was quick service. It was a great day. At 4:00 we left because we need to shower before our 7:00 ADR at the Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We get to The Wilderness Lodge at 6:50 and check in. I am told they are running behind which is not good since we have alot of kids including a two year old, plus it's after their usual dinner time anyway. We are seated by 7:30 but it takes another 15 mins before we get menus and another 15 mins before our orders are taken. We barely see the waitress all meal. She is nice enough but I could tell they were short handed and on top of that they made our waitress do some type of game instead of waiting on her tables. Dinner was good. I had some type of spicy pasta and everyone seemed to like their meal. We didn't finish eating until 9:00 and I could tell everyone was wiped out. Now we have been to the WCC before and I know the deal but i think they should have people other than the waiters and waitresses doing the games in the middle of the dinning room.

After leaving the restaurant we stopped at DTD because I promised the boys we would stop at the lego store :( and this was the only day I thought we could fit it in. The boys bought lego's and I got a few things at the Disney store. We were there for almost 2 hours before going back for bed.

tinkerbell04
10-29-2008, 03:03 PM
That is a shame about the Whispering Canyon experience. Otherwise, it sounds like it was a great day. Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
thanks for posting

NJGIRL
10-29-2008, 04:15 PM
That is a shame about the Whispering Canyon experience. Otherwise, it sounds like it was a great day. Thanks for sharing.

It wouldn't have been too bad if it was earlier in the night but the kids were getting tired and were hungry and you know how that goes. Next trip on the day we go to a water park I'm not going to schedule a dinner and maybe just get take out for the room that way everyone can eat right away and relax.

January-2007
10-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Mackflava99
10-30-2008, 09:07 AM
We have been to WCC a few times, all were good meals, but yes they are usually pretty long. But i kind of assume it will be because i let the kids participate as much as they want. But i do agree, as it gets later, its alot tougher when you are tired...
I also say that the waiter MAKES or breaks the experience at WCC. If you laugh alot, the time passes easier:)

yjgirl32
10-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a very very long day. Still had a good time except for your meal being so late. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
10-30-2008, 11:24 AM
sounds like a nice day at TL..sorry about the dinner experience..wish it would of been a bit better for you guys!! :mickey:

faline
10-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Tiring day! It's hard to cram lots of things into vacation!

pdrlkr
10-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

goofy for pluto
11-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Sorry about your experience at WCC.
Sounds like a great day!
:mickey:

ljv1975
11-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you had a great time at the water park!