PDA

View Full Version : When to go in February?

Hayden's Dad
10-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Ok, well we decided that we are going to get annual passes this year. We figured if we go at least twice we will pay for the passes and we are planning on going more than that just for shorter amounts of time.

So are going to plan a trip in February since we are going to use our tax money to get the passes, when is a good time to go? When should we avoid? Thanks for all your help. :mickey:

blondeinbrandon
10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
I just made a reservation for Feb-5-8th. It's usually really slow on SuperBowl Sunday. My other reason is that SuperBowl happens to be here in Tampa this year and I want to get away from the crowds!
The new AP rates are really good for this time period! So congrats on the AP!

merlinmagic4
10-29-2008, 02:23 PM
The week of President's Day is a school vacation week for the Northeast so you might want to avoid that!

KarenP
10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Feb 1 - 12 is value season with lower rates so I would go during those dates if you can.

Hayden's Dad
10-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Thank you all for your advice, does anyone know if they do anything special for Valenitne's Day or Mardi Gras? Thanks

Kenny1113
10-29-2008, 05:32 PM
I just made a reservation for Feb-5-8th. It's usually really slow on SuperBowl Sunday.

I had heard this as well, I went last year and it was pretty busy, not like summer or holidays but I would not call it slow.

cer
10-31-2008, 12:13 PM
We are going this coming year from 2/1/09 to 2/7/09 (Value Season). In addition to it being Value Season, last year we received free ticket upgrades (free park hopper and more) and are hoping for the same deal this year - historically the discount would come out about right now, so I am watching for it.

Last year, we did not notice the Super Bowl crowds being a problem. When is the Super Bowl this year? For some reason I thought it was on the 1st...

cer
10-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Another thing to consider is the folks from Louisiana. The New Orleans schools close the week of Mardi Gras. It wasn't terribly overly crowded or anything, just purple and gold everywhere. So you may want to consider that in your planning, too, to help get the least crowded time.

DawsonAR
10-31-2008, 02:21 PM
I was there for the week of President's Day one year and it was a nightmare. I haven't been at any other time in February, but I have heard the first part is great. Have a blast!

merlinmagic4
10-31-2008, 05:06 PM
I did send you a PM with some answers for you :thumbsup:

hardingella
11-01-2008, 01:35 PM
We stayed last week of feb, first week of march. It was great, longest queue 20 minutes. Once we rode Thunder Mountain all by ourselves it was so quiet. Weather was not too bad either.Last time we arrived the weekend of presidents day. That was sooo busy, but by the wednesday it had quietened down again.:mickey:

1EeyoreFan
11-02-2008, 05:17 PM
I just booked a short but sweet trip for my big 4-0. We are going from the 10th to the 13th. The AP rate was $47.99 a night for a value up until the 12th. After the 12th it was $135 a night! Luckily my b-day is the 12th and we will leave on the 13th. I don't know if that would influence your timing or not BUT you can't even get a local room for that price!

Happy planning! Maybe we will run into you again. :)