PDA

View Full Version : July vacation with Toddler

WDWfeelslikehome
10-29-2008, 09:10 AM
We have done the 4th of July week before, but are looking to try a different July week this year because of work commitments. We are basically open from the 6th of July until August. Any suggestions as to a typically good week, (I know they're all good at WDW :cloud9:) Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

mouse-logic
10-29-2008, 09:43 AM
It's unclear from your message whether you are considering July AND August.

As you well know, both July and August are ridiculously hot and humid. If you can swing it, the later in August the better. Crowds are smaller and the Free Dining Plan may be in effect.

If you are jsut considering July, I don't have any insight into whether one week is better than another.

Good luck, you'll have fun regardless

KylesMom
10-29-2008, 11:53 AM
You may want to take a look at the different "seasons" on the resort pricing matrix before you select a week. If you're planning on staying at a Deluxe resort, pricing switches from regular to value season somewhere around July 20th (not sure of exact date for 2009). On the years where we've gone in July, we always try to schedule our trips right around the time they enact the different rates. It's saved us alot of money.

Note that value & moderate resorts move from "summer" season to "value" season sometime in early August . . .

While we've found July to be more crowded than June (especially this year due to large tour groups and alot of overseas travelers), I can't imagine later in July is anything like the week of the 4th!