PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Recommendation

NJdisney
10-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I posted this on the Camping Discussion Board and got no responses. Discouraging, since it is only my second post. Please help this newbie!

I would like some advice on which cabin location to request for an upcoming stay in early November, with two kids (ages 6 and 8) plus a not very active nor outdoorsey mom (me). We will have a rental car, but are not going to rent a golf cart. I would like to be close to the Chip and Dale campfire and the marina. It seems like cabin loops 2100 and 2200 are the best choices, but I am concerned about references to swampy areas - are any cabins in loops 2100 or 2200 in swampy areas? If so, then would requesting an interior cabin help? Finally, I would prefer a cabin which is not run-down (as I understand some are or were at some point).

About transportation, we are planning to take the buses/boats to the parks, so proximity to an internal bus station is important too.

All suggestions are welcome - even specific cabin numbers would be great! What should I note in my reservation request?

teambricker04
10-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I never saw your post in that section... I am not sure if it is as read as this area. Hmmm.

Anyway... I am not a camping kind of mom either. Most of it grosses me out. WDW cabins at FW are my kind of camping. Clean and have mousekeeping, electricity and running water.

We have stayed in the cabins only once but are headed again in January. We were there last November... I don't remember any real "swampy" areas, but since it wasn't rainy that may be the reason. We never rented a cart, but were fine with our rental car. My DH would drop us off and then come to where ever on the bus. We were in 2100 (Bobcat Bend) and the walk to the campfire/movie was not terrible at all. I really wouldn't have been mad if we had been farther away. One thing I liked about 2100 was it was very close to a comfort station and that made it nice to do laundry. Our cabin was nice and clean... nothing to complain about. They are doing upgrades to some cabins, I believe... I am not positive about it. Also, from what I remember all the buses are fairly easy to get to. WDW wants you at the parks, so they want to get you there effciently! Also, I think that when you stay at the park resorts you get free parking at the parks... you may want to check on that. We have APs so we get free parking with that.

When I have made a request I have kept it simple. Like when we stay at BC I request a full size balcony. I know that it may or may not happen so I don't get too worked up. Just keep in mind that if you ask for it, it still may not be available, but it never hurts to ask!!!!

Have fun! Can't wait to hear how you like it!!!!

NJdisney
10-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks so much for your response, TeamBricker04. Your comments reinforce what I have read about loop 2100. I will ask for that one, knowing that nothing is guaranteed. Thanks again! :mickey:

TinyDancer
10-29-2008, 08:31 AM
As long as you're not going to be there in May when I'm there, I'll give you my FAVORITE cabin number. 2327. The bus stop for loops 2100, 2200, and 2300 are, I believe, are all together. Maybe not, but in any case, cabin 2327 is directly across the street from the bus stop. And whatever loops are serviced by that stop, the stop is the middle one whatever route you're going. Does that make sense? Sorry, I'm trying to multi-task!

195 days and a wake up!!!:cloud9:

CU Tiger
11-25-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree - loop 2100 is best. We've stayed in 2200 and 2300 too. Due to grandparents going with us, we usually rent a golf cart. Kids think its a ride before we even get to the boat or MK. If you have a great CM checking you in, maybe they can put you in the front of the loop. Some loops are large so walking to the bus stop is long!
Have not noticed swamps or many bugs that would go with them. Have fun!

TammiMcMan
11-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Please refer to this active post for responses, http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=144874 .