PDA

View Full Version : POFQ vs CSR

tman
10-28-2008, 04:29 PM
After reading the good reviews on CSR, I am now down to these two resorts. Anyone stay at both resorts and have an opinion? I hope to decide tonight!!

PetefromRI
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
We really love the POFQ.We've stayed at all the mods and it's our favorite with the CBR a close second.We like it because it's smaller than the rest but you can always use it's sister resort,the POR,if you want.The boat ride to DTD is awesome.
The CSR is a very large and beautiful resort with the best pool area in all of Disney.The food court is very good also.We just think that it's way to big to walk around in.It just didn't do it for us like the other mods.I'd say go with the POFQ but either way,you'll have a great trip.Just remember that if you pick the CSR you had better bring two pairs of walking shoes.
Buzz2001 should be on any time now to tell you why you should stay at the CSR.You should check out his website about the CSR.It sold me on the place but it just wasn't for us.Good luck,Buzz should be on anytime now.

wdwnutz
10-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Personally I think CSR is a much nicer resort. It has a great food court, pool, hot tub and playground. When you book the room, just take a look at the resort map and request a room that is between the main building and the pool. I think it is buildings 8 & 9. There are also golf carts riding around that will pick you up and give you a ride to the main building. They also have 3 or bus stops. We never had a problem with the buses being full or waiting long. POFQ & POR buses are always full and sometimes you have to wait quite a while for a bus especially first thing in the morning and at night like when MK has Spectromagic. Hope this helps!

KatMark
10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm probably not going to be of much help as we've only stayed at the CSR (seven times and have booked number eight...it is our favorite). That being said, POFQ would be the only other moderate we would consider (don't like the POR or the CBR at all after visits there). The only thing that has kept us from trying the POFQ is that we see no reason to mess with success--we've had seven terrific stays at the CSR.

buzz2001
10-29-2008, 05:24 AM
CSR!! Great main pool area, awesome transportation, and terrific food options. Check out my CSR website (by clicking on my name above) for pics and info. CSR now has queen beds in all the rooms and will have club level rooms as of 01/2009!!

http://i34.tinypic.com/11kfg3p.jpg

vicster
10-29-2008, 08:48 AM
That being said, POFQ would be the only other moderate we would consider (don't like the POR or the CBR at all after visits there).

We stayed at POFQ for the first time last month and it was so so. We did visit CSR and had lunch at the Pepper Market - it was definitely the best food court I've seen and I would definitly stay there. My husband didn't particularly care for POFQ and last year we tried CBR which I didn't care for.

P.S. KatMark - I'm in Carol Stream also.

LauraF
10-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I've done both resorts and while I'd not hesitate to go back to either or both, I have a slight preference for POFQ. I like the transportation options better at POFQ, but it tends to be much more crowded with people, so it's a trade off. CSR has better food, and is easier to get around - I really can't think of anything 'wrong' with it. Especially since it has the most deluxe options of any moderate or value.

Both are lovely resorts and very much full of magic, so enjoy your stay!

lilolvr
10-29-2008, 11:29 AM
CSR!! I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. Queen beds too!

caryrae
10-29-2008, 05:06 PM
You could do what we are going to do. We were going to do a split stay with CSR and CR but decided that CR will be to exspensive so we have decided to do a split stay with CSR and POFQ instead. We are doing 4 nights each and think it will be fun to try 2 Mod. resorts in one trip since we have only stayed at Values before.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I much preferred POFQ. It was smaller, easier to get around and just had a better feel to it. I found it difficult to find my way around at CSR.

nikki'smom
10-31-2008, 05:34 AM
Definitely CSR! No shared buses and much more for you $$ at CSR. The queen beds alone make it tough to pass up.

c&d
10-31-2008, 10:10 AM
I vote for CSR, it is one of my favorite resorts. Pepper Market is the best food court, it had choices that everyone in my family loved.

The buses during the day were never crowded and we never had to wait long.

The main pool area was also never that crowded and I loved the fact that there is a lap pool as one of the quiet pools.

The fact that it has an exercise and spa area makes it feel more like a deluxe.

It it also one of the prettiest resorts to walk around at night.

That being said I'll always have a soft spot for POR as that was the first resort we stayed in on site for any amount of time.

garymacd
10-31-2008, 10:23 AM
We have never stayed at CSR, but think it looks interesting and would like to try it out. However, we keep coming back to POFQ because of the intimacy of the resort. It is so easy to get around. Everything is within easy walking distance even for small children and those with some mobility problems.

And, of course, CSR doesn't have beignets.

badllamamama
11-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Another vote for CSR!! Great resort with so much to offer.