PDA

View Full Version : Nj Girls 2008 Vacation Day 4

NJGIRL
10-28-2008, 11:38 AM
6:45 breakfast at the Parrot Cay.:mickey:

We were able to get off of the ship at 7:30. We got a porter to take our luggage to the car which we were getting into at 7:40. Now that was quick and easy!

A few thoughts:

While I thought only one of my dinners was a "wow" dinner I thought all of the buffets (breakfasts and lunches) were very good. While I do think the quality of food has changed a little I think I only noticed it because I have been on the Disney cruise before.

We got pizza one day on deck and I was really surprised how good it was. It was really good:D

Except for our first night's problem in the dinning room I feel the staff on the ship is great. They couldn't have been nicer and always went out of their way.

The person in charge of our dining rotation needs to be able to handle problems a whole lot better. What we went thur that first night was uncalled for especailly since you at paying top dollar for the Disney cruise compared to other cruise lines. The situation was allowed to go on way too long before he decided to handle it and I think if I didn't dig my heels in and refuse to leave it would have went on longer.

The Atlantis Water Park is worth going to. IMO if your not going to the Atlantis you may as well stay on the ship.

Rent bikes while on Castawy Cay. It was cheap and we had the best time riding around on the island.

The balcony is well worth the extra money. We used it alot, even the kids.

It cost us the same amount of money for a midsize SUV and parking for three days as it would have to take the disney transporation. If you are going to rent a car anyway I suggest not taking the Disney transporation. The drive to the port is very easy and we got out of there alot quicker than the people waiting for the Disney buses.

Passports whether at the airport or going on a cruise make your life a whole lot easier.

We were way over dressed and we were dress casual. I had read before we went that the dress code was not being followed and it's really not. I saw everything from sneakers, jeans, flip flops and shorts in the dining room. The only thing I didn't see were bathing suits. The next time we cruise we are going very casual also.

The cruise was alot of fun and my nephew who has never been on a cruise before loved it:thumbsup: We can't wait to do it again.

DizNee143
10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
well disembarking went easy! and you were able to get on your way fast!
glad you had an overall great time on the cruise!! :mickey:

NJGIRL
10-29-2008, 04:08 PM
well disembarking went easy! and you were able to get on your way fast!
glad you had an overall great time on the cruise!! :mickey:

Yes, The cruise was great and we had alot of fun. After dinner that first night we just put it behind us and didn't have any trouble after that but it's just something I didn't expect and was so shocked in the way it was handled.

ElenitaB
10-29-2008, 06:20 PM
We were way over dressed and we were dress casual. I had read before we went that the dress code was not being followed and it's really not. I saw everything from sneakers, jeans, flip flops and shorts in the dining room. The only thing I didn't see were bathing suits.
That's so disappointing. Why bother posting and printing "rules" if they're not going to be followed? Or are they like the Pirate Code and are just suggestions? ;)

Yes, The cruise was great and we had alot of fun. After dinner that first night we just put it behind us and didn't have any trouble after that but it's just something I didn't expect and was so shocked in the way it was handled.
Did you include your impressions on the comment card? Sounds like it was really mishandled.

Glad you all enjoyed the cruise. Will you be making gnocchi lasagna at home now?

NJGIRL
10-30-2008, 09:42 AM
That's so disappointing. Why bother posting and printing "rules" if they're not going to be followed? Or are they like the Pirate Code and are just suggestions? ;)

I was a little disappointed because dressing up a little makes the dinner more out of the ordinary, different than going out while your at home but I just figure I know for the next time now. It will make packing so much easier since I won't have to lug dress shoes with us that we would only use on the cruise. I also won't bother to bring dress pants for the boys or fancier cloths for myself.

Did you include your impressions on the comment card? Sounds like it was really mishandled.

Yes it was but I didn't write it on my comment card for two reasons. The first being after that night I was over it and we were having a good time. I didn't want to dwell on it anymore. The only reason I even posted it here was because I wanted people to know if it happened to them not to leave the dinning room until someone personally corrects the situation the first time around. The second was because when they were telling us about the comment cards they were almost desparate IMO to make sure you filled them out favorable. I felt sorry for them especially knowing alot of the countries they come from are very poor and they do work those people on the ship really hard . I know that by filling out the cards honestly it's the only way that Disney knows when there is a problem but I didn't want to get anyone in trouble. Believe me if we had a problem every night or we were treated rudely for the rest of the cruise I would have had no problem letting Disney know but I was hoping it was just bad judgement and an isolated case.

Glad you all enjoyed the cruise. Will you be making gnocchi lasagna at home now?

LOL, I don't cook but if stoffers comes out with one I will certainly pop it in the microwave:D

yjgirl32
10-30-2008, 10:09 AM
We are thinking about the Disney Crusie. It would be my first cruise so thanks for the report. Glad to hear yo were able to get over the first bad night. Thanks for sharing.

NJGIRL
10-30-2008, 01:30 PM
We are thinking about the Disney Crusie. It would be my first cruise so thanks for the report. Glad to hear yo were able to get over the first bad night. Thanks for sharing.

Cruises are alot of fun you will have a blast!

laward32
11-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks for sharing. You gave me great tips for my upcoming cruise. I was worried about booking the flight back too early and not making it in time. I guess I don't have to worry about that. Thanks again.:mickey:

NJGIRL
11-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for sharing. You gave me great tips for my upcoming cruise. I was worried about booking the flight back too early and not making it in time. I guess I don't have to worry about that. Thanks again.:mickey:

Both times we have cruised with Disney we were able to get off of the ship early and quickly.:mickey: