PDA

View Full Version : Nj Girls 2008 Vacation Day 3

NJGIRL
10-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Castaway Cay Day

We again ate breakfast at the Beach Blanket Buffet and it was very good. We even had a few different choices this morning.

We got off the ship around 10:00 and picked up our rafts and tubes that we had reserved months ago. The boys barely used them and there were so many of them available I would suggest that you wait until you are on the island to get them instead of prepaying for them. The island was beautiful as usual and it was nice to relax on the lounge chairs in the shade listening to the tropical music. The buffet lunch was good except for my veggie burger. I had ask for it to be well done because they tend to be very soft if not cooked enough and they only had it on the grill about 1 min and handed it to me. I didn't even say anything because they were busy and there were enough salads that looked good for me to eat. The salads were great and they even had some garlic bread out.

After the kids were done playing in the water we went and picked up our bikes that we also reserved months ago. Again there were so many bikes there I'm not sure you have to reserve them early. We took an hour bike ride and I have to say it was alot of fun. They have many water stops on the trail which was nice. We went around the island probably twice and on the way back we stopped at the game "room". My husband and I played checkers and the boys shoot pool.

Tonight our dinner was at the Parrot Cay. This dinner was very good. I had the lasagna gnocchi (a combo this Italian girl has never seen before). Now this was the quality food I remembered from the last cruise!

After dinner I went to shutters to pick out the rest of our pictures. Here's the thing with the packages. I had it in my mind I wanted all 6 x 8because I really don't put up many 8 x 10 pictures. I thought on our last cruise that we got to pick out a picture we liked and then choose the size that we wanted but it doesn't work that way. Whatever size is hanging up is the size the picture comes in. Since the boys refused to get their pictures with any of the characters we barely had any 6 x 8 (most 6 x 8 pictures were those with characters in them). Boarding the ship and dinner pictures were all 8 x 10's. So we went home with (4) 8 x 10 and (2) 6 x 8 at a cost of $85.

While the boys were out enjoying themselves I went back to the cabin and packed up for 11:00 luggage pick up.

DizNee143
10-29-2008, 04:01 PM
sounds like a nice day on the island!!

yjgirl32
10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Another great report. Thanks. Will have to keep in mind all the tips you are giving for taking a cruise.

pdrlkr
10-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

laward32
11-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see it for myself. Thanks for sharing.:mickey: