PDA

View Full Version : When are Soarin' fastpasses typically gone?

ryels
10-28-2008, 09:42 AM
The last time we were at WDW was 2 years ago, when Soarin' was still fairly new and fastpasses were gone by 11:00 every day. We had to make Soarin' our first priority every day in order to ride it.

We will be heading down in a couple weeks, and I'm wondering is that still the case? Or has the hype over Soarin' died down a little bit. Can we arrive later in the morning/early afternoon and still have a chance at a fastpass?

Thanks!

AwPhooey
10-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Based on my trip the Oct. 4-12, hype over Soarin' hasn't died down.

I don't remember the exact time we went to get fastpasses, but I know it was before 2:00 and they were all long gone.

The second day we went to Epcot we arrived earlier (I think around 11:00) and there were still fastpasses available, but the return time was after 8:00. We were going to see Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue that night, so we opted not to get fastpasses.

I would recommend being at Epcot before it opens. When they let you in, head over to Soarin', get a fastpass and then get in the stand by line.

I'm sure everyone and their mother has the same plan, but if you arrive early, you should be able to ride at least twice in a relatively short amount of time.

BeccaO
10-28-2008, 10:05 AM
When we were there this past January we planned to get there right around opening time. We arrived shortly there after and got fastpasses to use in an hour, then we got in the stand-by line, My DD8 and I rode first while DS2 and DH waited. We were out within 15 minutes and then DD8 rode again with DH, when they came out we were within the fastpass time and DD8 got to ride for the 3rd time in a row. We wrapped up our Soarin fix for the day within an hour of the park opening, it worked out great!!! We will do the same thing again this coming January.

DizneyRox
10-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I have seen them gone as early at 11am, but I've seen them as late as about 1pm. Around noon you're going to be pushing for a late night return time.

Imagineer1981
10-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I hope the hype dies down soon...so boring. Don't get me wrong, I love the music, but here's how I describe Soarin' (or Borin' as I call it)

"you have to walk all the way through the Land, down ramps/escalators and then wrap down to Soarin. Then when you find out there are no FP you have to wait in an extremely long, dull, boring line. Finally you get to a subpar video starring Kronk as a host. By the time you get there, you feel like you really did just go through an airport, tired and bored. Then you board a simulator that essentially is a tame star tours except your feet dangle and it has really good music. IMHO, its just not worth the time unless you get a FP and want a little break.

Meteora
10-28-2008, 11:05 AM
BeccaO, when in January will you be there? We'll be in attendance the 9th-16th, though we haven't designated "park days" yet.

As other people have said, even if you can get a fast-pass later in the day, the return time will likely be very late, so only go that route if you plan to be in the park late that night.

threeh
10-28-2008, 11:52 AM
We were there the beg of Feb last year, not too crowded but Soarin Fp were gone midday. We just looked on that big old wait time board anytime we were in EPCOT and would grab FP for Soarin or Test Track if they were available. We were able to go on each a few times. Have a great trip!!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Last week, we went on the Monday and got a FP at 11am with a return at 4:25. It actually worked out perfectly for us.

BigRedDad
10-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Soarin' is definitely not a top priority for my trip. When I was there in April, they were gone by 11AM. We went on it twice: once in the front row and once in the middle. Honestly, any where but the front row is a waste for the ride. I went on a similar thing back in the 70s in South FL. The just film from the cockpit of planes and put it on a half dome. The only difference is they did not pump in citrus smell.

I do not and will not make Soarin a priority on any trip. To me it is not worth the hassle or wait.

BeccaO
10-28-2008, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=Meteora;1770917]BeccaO, when in January will you be there? We'll be in attendance the 9th-16th, though we haven't designated "park days" yet.

We will be there from the 10th - 18th, we also have not figured out our "Park Days", although we have somewhat of an idea. January is a fantastic time to go. I like it because it gives me something to look forward to after the depression sets in when the holidays are over. :thumbsup:

thrillme
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure exactly WHEN the fastpasses went out but...when we went looking for food around 2:00 there was a sign out front stating that all fastpasses had been distributed for the day.

I'm not a big fan of this ride at all. I really don't understand why it's still so popular.

I'm really clueless of why I'm in Florida flying over California?

CaptSmee
10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I hope the hype dies down soon...so boring. Don't get me wrong, I love the music, but here's how I describe Soarin' (or Borin' as I call it)

"you have to walk all the way through the Land, down ramps/escalators and then wrap down to Soarin. Then when you find out there are no FP you have to wait in an extremely long, dull, boring line. Finally you get to a subpar video starring Kronk as a host. By the time you get there, you feel like you really did just go through an airport, tired and bored. Then you board a simulator that essentially is a tame star tours except your feet dangle and it has really good music. IMHO, its just not worth the time unless you get a FP and want a little break.

Sweet! Don't ride it then, and I won't have to wait as long!!! :D

CaptSmee
10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Last week, we went on the Monday and got a FP at 11am with a return at 4:25. It actually worked out perfectly for us.

We were there last Monday...got a FP early for a 1 p.m ride. We were there last Wednesday around 5 p.m., they were long gone. We were there last Friday got a FP early, rode it at around 10 a.m. and as we were getting off the ride the FP's were gone for the day...

So, my moral to the story is get there early and get a FP!

Polynesian Dweller
10-28-2008, 07:07 PM
So, my moral to the story is get there early and get a FP!
Absolutely agree!! Middle of the week is easier at EPCOT to get FPs later in the morning, by Friday the crowds seem to get heavier.

Tez
10-30-2008, 04:21 PM
When we have been there is was usually around noon that they were gone. Go to EPCOT on an early entry day. Be there when the gate opens and head to Soarin directly. Grab a fast pass right away and then get in line. We ride it once then do breakfast at that eatery there maybe do the Living with the Land ride then it is usually time for our FP for Soarin. So we get it ridden twice in the morning and are done....:thumbsup:

pink
10-30-2008, 05:48 PM
We were just there last month and at 10:30 am there was literally no line for Soarin. It took us longer to walk through the line then to wait for the ride. So you never know. :mickey: