PDA

View Full Version : Osborne lights

disneyworld55925592
10-27-2008, 04:44 PM
We will be at wdw the first few days of Jan. We want to attend the osborne lights. Just curious is there a line? How long does the line generally take if there is one? How long does it take to walk through the display?

sassafras
10-27-2008, 05:10 PM
If they still display the Osborne family lights like they used to, they're down the streets toward the backlot of DHS. (When we saw them, they were with the houses from the Golden Girls, etc.) Think they just put them on the streets heading back to Lights, Cameras, Motorcars now. Anyway, you just stroll thru them at your leisure. No lines, no waiting. Have a great time!

Zawadi
10-27-2008, 05:27 PM
If my memory is correct, there's a one way system in via "abc commissary", down towards "Lights Motors Action" and exit past Mama Melrose.

The walk through is at your own pace 30mins or so depending how much you stop and stare.

MauiMouse
10-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Another question, when do they turn on the lights? At dusk or a specific time i.e. 7:00pm. Thanks. :thumbsup:

tigger_ttfn
10-27-2008, 09:48 PM
January 2008 was our first time. We were standing around by the end of the Backlot tour and when it was almost dark they turned them on. The "dancing", snow, and music runs in intervals. But, once they light it up, it stays lit. We noticed somewhat of a flow down the street, but there were also lots of people just standing around enjoying the sights. :tree:

Disneytrotters
10-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Another question, when do they turn on the lights? At dusk or a specific time i.e. 7:00pm. Thanks. :thumbsup:

The lights go on every night at 6:00 PM. They have a huge lightswitch on New York street, and they have a short ceremony where someone new each night gets the priviledge of lighting the streets. It is amazing when all of the lights start coming on!!!:clappy:

Imagineer1981
10-28-2008, 10:55 AM
There really is no "right way" to go in. You can feel free to wonder and look as much as you want from either direction, but when its really crowded, you kind of get pushed in one direction

RockinRollerMom
10-28-2008, 12:31 PM
The Osborne Lights were by favorite thing about our trip last December. You could walk through in about 10 minutes but I would definetly plan on being there at least 30-45 minutes. The lights "dance" every 15 minutes and you don't want to miss that. If you want to do a photopass picture that line was always very backed up. (I never saw it with less than 10 people) I say grab a hot chocolate, watch the snow fall and take your time. IMHO this is disney magic at it's best!

AdventurerKim
10-28-2008, 01:12 PM
The Osborne lights are a must see every November trip for us! They are so amazing to see and experience. Get hot chocolate and stroll along the streets just taking it all in! :cloud9:

mainemajor
10-28-2008, 01:56 PM
We are so excited that we will get to see them this year. We will be there for the last couple of days that they are up. . A couple of years ago we were there in October and even unlit they seemed magical, but now we will be able to experience them all lit up and not have to imagine them any more. YEA :party:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-28-2008, 06:21 PM
DH and I love them!!!!! They are so beautiful with all that music that goes with the lighting. Dh and I will be seeing them in a few weeks.:deer::santa3::santa::snowman::santa2:

26 days and counting to Disney.......17 more work days for DH and I. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::joy::yay:

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP

dutchess18
10-29-2008, 05:09 PM
The Osborne lights are a must see every November trip for us! They are so amazing to see and experience. Get hot chocolate and stroll along the streets just taking it all in! :cloud9:

We like them too, but this year they are not up until November 28th. Will miss them. :(

Jarrod
11-06-2008, 07:36 AM
I read on another website that they generally have unofficial previews of the lights a few nights prior to Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, when they would do this?