PDA

View Full Version : I cant belive it...we are going!! Help!

Coccinelle
10-27-2008, 01:33 PM
We are going!!! We are going!!! We are going!!!!! I just book our trip for april 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant belive it!!!! And i need your help so much!!! I have to hurry a little bit for the diner reservations. As i deamed for, we will be staying at Fort Wilderness campground for 10 nignt !!!!!
My question is.....what is the best parc to celebrate my son birthday (he will turn 6). He is crazy about Cars and Star Wars. It will be there first time at Disney...and there only with us since it is a very expensive trip for our family. I hope they will return with their kids some day!
Thank you so much!!!!

SBETigg
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Congratulations! Take a deep breath and relax-- it will be an amazing trip and there is still plenty of time to make it all work out for you. I would normally say the Magic Kingdom for your son's birthday, but with his love of Cars and Star Wars, perhaps Disney Hollywood Studios. Maybe a lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-in. Happy planning!

Beast_fanatic
10-27-2008, 08:36 PM
With those interests, I think that Disney Hollywood Studios would be an excellent choice. They have Star Tours (Star Wars themed) as well as a Cars meet & greet and the Lights, Motor, Action stunt show.

faline
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
I was just going to suggest Disney Hollywood Studios when I saw Rhonda's post. I agree with her suggestion that this might be the best park given his interests!

TiggeRia
10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Don't hurry too much with dinner reservations...I'm going in April, too, and I don't think any ADRs can be made until sometime in December. :(

r4kids
10-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Congrats on your first trip. There are so many wonderful people who have tons of knowledge on this site! Even for those of us who have been many, many times. Make a plan of the things that most interest your family: places to eat, rides to ride and shows to watch. Having it all piled into one plan will help. Half the fun is in the planning :) Ask all the questions you can and have a great time!!!

Hollywood Studios is tons of fun for boys. DS10 really likes this park since it isn't over run with Princesses.

Coccinelle
10-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Thank you for your answers. I will take a look at all the thing at Holliwood studio and i think that Sci-Fi restaurant would be a lot of fun for my little boy...and his dad! And i also hope they can go to the jedi academy in EPCOT.
My two girls and i will have plenty of princesses to be happy also!!!! And it will be the flowers festival!!! I think i am dreaming and i hope that i wont wake up!
If i may....i already have an other question....
I am planning to do 2 days at each parc so we can enjoy it and take our time. Is it better to do two days one after the other or to alternate??? So superfical question...but i want so much for my family to enjoy their trip !!!!! And i need to figure out something special for my husband. Planning is so much fun already!!!!
I still cant belive we are really really really going, we had to pospone this trip so many times!!! Sorry if i am too exited, i will try to be more relax...soon...or not so soon!!!!!
Thank you for being here all of you !
An by the way, again i am sorry if my english is not perfect...it is not my first language so...please forgive me and feel free to correct any mistakes!

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

faline
10-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Your English is just fine!

How you divide your park time up is really a personal decision. Some folks like to visit more than one park in a day - for example, visit the Magic Kingdom in the morning and stay through lunch, take a rest back at the resort and then go to another park such as Epcot for the late afternoon/evening. Of course, if you don't have park hoppers, this scenario is not possible.

While I sometimes visit the same park two days in a row, I'm more likely to visit another park on the second day and return to the first park later in the trip. As you create your plan, you will also want to take into account the park hours for any specific day as well as any special happenings within a park such as parades and night-time shows.

Depending on your husband's interests, there are many things he might be able to do. Some that come to mind are: Segway Tour in Epcot or Fort Wilderness; Steam Train Tour in the Magic Kingdom; a Fishing Excursion; Richard Petty Ride Along (or the chance to drive the race car); and Golf.

Coccinelle
10-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Faline!

faline
10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
You're quite welcome!

wendy*darling
10-28-2008, 11:27 PM
And i also hope they can go to the jedi academy in EPCOT.

The Jedi Training Academy is actually in Hollywood Studios (not Epcot) - right next to the Star Tours attraction.

Have fun planning! :mickey:

Tink#64
10-28-2008, 11:55 PM
:congrats: I know you are so excited! I still become downright giddy planning each trip. I begin with deciding which day we will be in each park, we usually do 2 MK, 2 Epcot, 1 DHS, & 1 AK, and we plan a down day in the middle to sleep in & check out some of the other resorts & maybe fit in some extra's like putt putt, etc. I begin by checking the WDW park calendars & seeing the park hours. We avoid EM AM hours, we have a routine that works for us & the EM hours don't! We can't get up any earlier or keep the kids up any later & be able to go strong the next day!

Our itenerary usually looks like this:

Arrival day - DTD for shopping & dinner, back to resort to swim & then unpack

Park Days - A MUST for us is to arrive at opening! Less crowded & can do so much before the crowds really build & seem to peak around lunch time!

Park day 1 - MK, back to resort for swim break & eat dinner poolside. Back to MK for Spectro & Wishes
Day 2 Epcot FW - then we usually head back to resort when we get tired have dinner, swim & try to get to bed a little earlier!
Day 3-DHS - ALL DAY! - we stay for Fantasmic!
Park day 4/or take a day off completely! If it's park day - we sleep in , hang out & enjoy resort & head to Epcot WS around 3 & shop/eat our way around until time to pick our spot for IllumiNations!
Park day 5 - AK - this is always a half day park for us - head back to resort for a break & return to park of choice for the PM!

We like to have enough time in our trips for an extra day off, we particularly enjoy visiting different resorts & having dinner at one of the restaurants we've not tried, shopping & looking around! We really like when this involves a boat ride to & from our destination! :boat:
Park day 6 - depends if this is our last day, if so it's always MK again! If not then we get to decide which park(s) to revisit & revisit our fav attractions!

After I have my park itenerary in place then I call the WDW dining # & make my adr's! This way I'm not scrambling to fit the meals into our plans! Anything after that is just fine tuning, planning what to pack, etc!

I also agree that your son will probably really enjoy DHS! My ds's are now 11 & 12 & they still enjoy Sci-Fi, it's on our must do list every trip! The LMA attraction is sure to be a hit!

Have fun planning, for me it's the next best thing to being there! :mickey:

Coccinelle
10-29-2008, 08:20 AM
The Jedi Training Academy is actually in Hollywood Studios (not Epcot) - right next to the Star Tours attraction.

Have fun planning! :mickey:

Thank you! I think this will be my son's favourite. I am glad you indicate me the right place !!!:blush:

Coccinelle
10-29-2008, 08:30 AM
:congrats:

Have fun planning, for me it's the next best thing to being there! :mickey:

Thank you!

I think my planning will be some thing like yours:
day 1Arrival day: setting the camp and going to bed (after 2 days of driving....)
day 2 to day 10 it will be time at the parcs. I am planning 2 days in each parc . And i have one day left so we can go back to one parc, we will chose there. This way, we will have time to enjoy the campground a little and of course, try downtown disney .
and day 11: Put every thing in the car again and drive home.

Now i have to choose what parc we will go on what day so y can make my dinner reservations!
I still can't belive it....maybe when i wil have my luggage tags and all that stuff! The kids dont know it yet....i want to tell them for Chrismas...if they dont discover it before!

wendy*darling
10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Since you are camping on this trip, I wanted to make sure you knew about the Camping Forums (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=32) here on Intercot. :pine:

There are lots of people over there who can help you with the ins and outs particular to campers. Lots of good ideas, etc.

Coccinelle
10-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Don't hurry too much with dinner reservations...I'm going in April, too, and I don't think any ADRs can be made until sometime in December. :(

I just want to let you know that the reservations can be made for Cinderella Castle and Chef Mickey ...right now !!!!!!! For the other restaurant, we have to wait a little bit more as you said.

Coccinelle
10-30-2008, 08:29 AM
It can't be real.....i just book for breakfast at Cinderella Castle and Chef Mickey (not the same day of course!!!)....i am shaking and criing right now.....please, tell me that i am awake and i am not dreaming!!!!!

SBETigg
10-30-2008, 09:22 AM
It can't be real.....i just book for breakfast at Cinderella Castle and Chef Mickey (not the same day of course!!!)....i am shaking and criing right now.....please, tell me that i am awake and i am not dreaming!!!!!

You're not dreaming! It's going to be fantastic. :)

Insanity Clause
10-30-2008, 11:19 AM

We are going in April as well and I called and said that they would take the ones through April in Dec 22 but to keep calling back because that has changed twice in the last three weeks...Not sure if it was for the better of worse but I plan on calling every week or so and just hoping that I can get lucky.

Coccinelle
11-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi !
Well, i am still waiting to make my restaurants reservations. I keep calling every week just in case...The kids dont know it yet, but it is hard to keep it a secret, i almost told them a couple of time. My husband stop me just in time! I have decided on what park we will do on what day, and also to go with the photopass. I am planning a treasure hunt for chrismas with little surprises and i am still very very exited! I am reading you a lot and i am learning so many things! Thank you!!!!!

Coccinelle
01-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Me again!

We finally told the kids for christmas. I had made them a big treasure hunt and it ended with the planning dvd in the dvd player. It was so funny to see the girls all exited and laughing...and my son not understanding anything and asking when the movie would start....They are very happy we are going and counting the days!!!

I will be booking my dinner reservations soon, i have my pind for trading and my autographes books. Almost all set!

And, as a very big surprise for us, our travel agent found air plane tickets at a very low cost. The difference between driving( gaz+hotel+food for 4 days of driving) was about 500$ so we decides that is was worth it.

WE ARE GOING BY PLANE !!!!!!!!! The only thing is that our flight have a very weird schedule....we will be arriving in Orlando at midnight....what a great time to set up camp !!!! The good thing is, we have experience with the tent so it will be ok, even tired and in the dark. I just hope there will be no rain and some one at Fort Wilderness to let us in to our camp site!

Thats it for now! And as usual, thank you for all the informations and the kindness i find here !

mrmcgiv
01-05-2009, 11:14 AM
hThey are my Son's interests as well. I say DHS, get the the Jedi Training academy a little early, maybe 15-20 mins. Stand atthe white line and wait! They pick 15 kids to come up for Jedi training, Cross your fingers and pray he gets picked. It was the highlight of our trip and my son (4) and daughter (7) both got selected. Have your camera and camcorder ready! We wish we had the camcorder. DS loved start tours. There was not much Cars oriented stuff to do tha I saw, but it was fun to see lightning and mater and gte his Pic taken. Oh, and if you go when they have a EMH night. Stop by Playhouse Disney for their Dance Party, we stumbled across this and the kids had a blast. Bolt was there too..I think we had to enter the Magic of Disney animation attraction and when you come out the other side BOLT was there. His line was closed, but my kids owuld have loved to meet him and his freinds.

Have Fun!

Coccinelle
01-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi again!
Well, only 90 days left !!!! I booked my ADR this morning and i was lucky enough to get all i had ask!!! I just hope they will call me back about the divers at Coral Reef, i just left a message (hope they will understand what i am saying !!!). I would like to surprise my husband and make him see how special he is to us.
I am reading everything i can here to be as ready as i can...and to help me to be patient!!!
Well...i bought my self some work to help too, some fabrics to sew costumes for the kids (Jasmine, Tinkerbell and Jack Sparrow).
We are going to the studios for my son's birthday, i am sure he will like it !
So... thats it !:cloud9:

mickeefan
01-19-2009, 10:04 AM
If your husband likes trains I recommend the Steam Train Tour.
It starts out early in the morning at the MK and you are taken back into the roundhouse where they house the trains.
We felt it was well worth the money.
If you click on my name my website has a section on the tour we took.